Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

2 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Database is up and running again!

A big thanks to @CruiseMsclDad for providing me with a .pdf of the database with all the data!

Still some tweaking to do but it is good to go.

A friendly reminder to all users to the database...

Best viewed on desktop or laptop. (using a mouse)

Steam/Sauna Database

As a reminder to all, ANY change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

Enjoy!

Too kind too kind! Always happy to help anyone with a sauna/steam room help!

Mitch

MitchSeabornTWL.jpg

14 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Is there something you want added?

Yes, That's why I included all the information about the silversea dawn in my above post. Could you add the ship? I don't want to mess up the spreadsheet using my phone. Thanks

16 hours ago, tonygcharles said:

I was looming at the spreadsheet and noticed about  independence  / Jewel  ots sauna / steam are now part the thermal,  

Has anyone  been on the ships recently to know if there still accessible and still free ? 

I was on the Independence last month. The sauna and steam are still available and free

• Thanks 2

On 9/3/2023 at 5:59 PM, LEESRE said:

Anyone going on Seabourn Encore in the coming weeks.

We were on it in February, very small sauna in the men’s changing room, I never saw anyone else in there.  Towels were far too big. 

Edited by waldorf

Traveling on NCL Jade in November. I obviously got the thermal pass but also noticed they have a free sauna by the gym. When is the best time to check out the free sauna versus using the thermal spa? I don’t want to miss any good conversations. Any one else been on Jade can offer any other good insight or suggestions?

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 2:32 PM, Vibe said:

I was on the Independence last month. The sauna and steam are still available and free

Let's hope they stay that way. There's mention here of a drydock. Hopefully the so-called amplification will be a sad memory for the time being. It's a shame they destroyed Freedom, Voyager, and Navigator. Freedom was one of our favorite ships, and now we'll avoid her because of what they did to the fitness center/locker rooms. Adventure and Explorer were only spared because of COVID, and maybe for at least a while they won't be able to ruin them the way they did Voyager. 

On 9/10/2023 at 8:01 AM, Rag2 said:

Traveling on NCL Jade in November. I obviously got the thermal pass but also noticed they have a free sauna by the gym. When is the best time to check out the free sauna versus using the thermal spa? I don’t want to miss any good conversations. Any one else been on Jade can offer any other good insight or suggestions?

I found that late morning snd around 4.30 were good times.

On 9/6/2023 at 5:51 PM, tonygcharles said:

Wondering if  independence  in 2025 that  shes coming over for a dry dock and a short summer  itinerary   seeing  she's  back in Azores mid August 🤔 

It would be helpful to me if the a new column be added to the spreadsheet which would allow us to see if there was a scheduled dry dock refurbishing with that scheduled date. I was recently on the Emerald Princess. It had a refurbishment in the Netherlands after the ship was used to house Ukrainian refugees,which took away the locker room sauna/steam. I realize that one doesn't always know the dates or what will be involved in dry (or wet) dock, but sometimes a dry dock makeover is announced or published.

Just got back from the Norwegian Jewel. That class of ship still has the best setup at sea for a spa. It was a perfect place to see the glaciers and Alaskan scenery without having to go into the cold/rain or battling crowds. It was well-used all week, but never too crowded. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Just got back from the Norwegian Jewel. That class of ship still has the best setup at sea for a spa. It was a perfect place to see the glaciers and Alaskan scenery without having to go into the cold/rain or battling crowds. It was well-used all week, but never too crowded. 

All nude?

Just a note on the "free steam and sauna": If you use the cruise lines deck plans, they may not be up to date. We just experienced the Emerald Princess where the cruise line stated that there WAS free

steam and sauna because they didn't change the plans after a refurbishment. They told us and our agent that the locker room had these amenities. They did not.  

15 hours ago, sauna director said:

Just a note on the "free steam and sauna": If you use the cruise lines deck plans, they may not be up to date. We just experienced the Emerald Princess where the cruise line stated that there WAS free

steam and sauna because they didn't change the plans after a refurbishment. They told us and our agent that the locker room had these amenities. They did not.  

A friend of mine has recently returned from a cruise on Emerald Princess, he like you booked the ships because it had the free single sex facility & was annoyed to find it had been removed. Speaking/complaining to a member of crew about this he was told that Princess will not be removing the free facility from any other ships because of the large amount of complaints they have received. Time will tell if this is true or not.

• Like 1

How many of the older Princess still have the "free" areas? I think all the gang who enjoy these facilities should ask the cruise lines to put it in writing that we will have these facilities...before booking.

Maybe the lines will take notice that not everyone wants slides and rides.

Mature, retired cruisers are a very large market.

• Like 1