Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

14 hours ago, Waltbeth said:

After being refurbished what is the layout of the Constellation mens locker room and sauna

Hi Waltbeth, I have not been on the Constellation since February but from what I've read when the ship went into 2 week dry dock, work was only done on the engines, painting and soft good updates (carpeting, some seating, Michaels Club, etc.). Cabins have not been updated, based on what others have reported, and the 10-12 concierge cabins to be built where the current men's locker room & sauna are was not done.

So it doesn't seem any refurbishments completed have affected the layout of the locker room/sauna area.

41 minutes ago, STLCRUISIN said:

Hi Waltbeth, I have not been on the Constellation since February but from what I've read when the ship went into 2 week dry dock, work was only done on the engines, painting and soft good updates (carpeting, some seating, Michaels Club, etc.). Cabins have not been updated, based on what others have reported, and the 10-12 concierge cabins to be built where the current men's locker room & sauna are was not done.

So it doesn't seem any refurbishments completed have affected the layout of the locker room/sauna area.

Thanks for your uodate. I looked at the picture of the ship and it showed the new suites and the mens locker room moved next to the womens but much smaller.  I really am happy if you are right. Taking the Constellation on the TA in November from Barcelona to Tampa and love to use the sauna once or twice a day 

22 hours ago, Waltbeth said:

Thanks for your uodate. Iooked at the picture of the ship and it showed the new suites and the mens locker room moved next to the womens but much smaller.  I really am happy if you are right. Taking the Constellation on the TA in November from Barcelona to Tampa and love to use the sauna once or twice a day 

I was on the Millennium after they made the changes before Covid and the new locker room had a sauna but it was much smaller and there was no window, only a glass wall looking out to the changing room. 

Looking into doing the Constellation again but not until 2025.

Have a great time on your TA in November!!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

A reminder to all users to the database...

Best viewed on desktop or laptop. (using a mouse)

Steam/Sauna Database

As a reminder to all, *ANY* change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, or for some reason change the order of the ships it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

(any proper updates added between 4/20 and 5/8 I will reinsert when I return next week) 

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

A reminder to all users to the database...

Best viewed on desktop or laptop. (using a mouse)

Steam/Sauna Database

As a reminder to all, *ANY* change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, or for some reason change the order of the ships it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

(any proper updates added between 4/20 and 5/8 I will reinsert when I return next week) 

Thank you.

On 1/2/2024 at 10:16 PM, natefish95 said:

I had a GREAT time on Venezia back in November on the 12 day sailing. The little hot tub can comfortably fit 2 people. The only annoying thing is that the locker area is VERY tiny with only a little bench, so if there are 3 people there at once, it gets cramped.

Also, the shower is no longer clear glass. They put a translucent covering over it halfway through my sailing. 

I just came across this thread a week or so ago and have been reading from page 1 and finished page 85 today.  I was also on that cruise on Venezia out of NYC.  Sailed Oct 28, 2023 and went into the locker room the morning of Nov 2 and saw the maintenance crew of about 6 guys and tools all over the floor.  They were putting that adhesive "cover" on the shower door and I wondered why.  Anyway, guess someone may not have been comfortable being "seen" by others and complained so it was covered up.  I really enjoyed the time in the sauna in the evenings after dinner and the whirlpool did fit 2 comfortably.  Had some nice conversations in there and in the sauna with several great guys.  Will be going on it again in January, 25 for a b2b 7-day and 14-day out of Orlando. It, too, has become my favorite ship for sauna facilities!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, larrydm1 said:

I just came across this thread a week or so ago and have been reading from page 1 and finished page 85 today.  I was also on that cruise on Venezia out of NYC.  Sailed Oct 28, 2023 and went into the locker room the morning of Nov 2 and saw the maintenance crew of about 6 guys and tools all over the floor.  They were putting that adhesive "cover" on the shower door and I wondered why.  Anyway, guess someone may not have been comfortable being "seen" by others and complained so it was covered up.  I really enjoyed the time in the sauna in the evenings after dinner and the whirlpool did fit 2 comfortably.  Had some nice conversations in there and in the sauna with several great guys.  Will be going on it again in January, 25 for a b2b 7-day and 14-day out of Orlando. It, too, has become my favorite ship for sauna facilities!

Hey! Google tells me New Braunfels is near San Antonio. Were you the guy who didn't wantt to take a cruise to Vietnam? If so, I definitely remember you. Glad you were able to find this thread and had a good cruise. I really want to get back on the Venezia. 

• Like 1

Yes, New Braunfels is on IH-35 northeast of San Antonio about 20 miles.  And, yes, the Splendor sailing in 2019 (?) from California to Singapore was the one with the final stop before Singapore of Phu Mai (Saigon).  That was the deal breaker for me because I will NEVER go back to that country.  I didn't lose anything over there during my year assignment, and I AIN'T going back to look for anything either!  Maybe you would get a chance to book one of the January 2025 cruises and we could chat again!  Email me at ldcmo1214 at gmail dot com for more off-topic info.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MCOguy said:

Sailing on the Celebrity Infinity from Athens June 1.  There is a free sauna onboard. Anyone else on this sailing?

I'm on Infinity from 25th May 24  until 1st June , 

Yes there's a sauna,  no steam ..

I'm joining Queen Anne end of  August ,

I don't think it has any free area's like saunas etc , but will update here once I've sailed on her

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just learned that Carnival Legend is in a fairly long drydock (4-27-24 to 5-29-24).  I read about some changes and additions but saw nothing regarding any information about the men's free sauna and steam rooms.  It would be nice to spruce them up but just don't want them removed.  We will be on Legend for a triple back to back in July from Dover, England (July 7, 19 and 28th) for 33 days.  Looking forward to some great conversations in a "freshened up" ship!  Anyone else going on any or all three of these cruises?

Edited by larrydm1