Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Hi guys, 

does anyone have experience of the spa setup on Oceania Nautica ?

we're sailing in September, Boston to Montreal.

Love to hear from anyone who has information, or another spa users on this trip.

Last cruise was Silver Muse.

Tiny steam and sauna set up.

Identical separate & adjoining areas for men & women.

2 person steam and 4 person sauna. 

Really not good.

On 7/4/2024 at 11:52 AM, MN Cruiser Dude said:

I did not realize they removed the sauna and steam room from the freedom.   Glad I went with the Independence.  Do you know if the temperatures are reasonable.  I was just on the Caribbean Princess.  The steam room there melts your skin off.  

Have you sailed on Holland America yet?  Most of their ships have private/separate saunas.  Steam rooms are in spa area which cost,  but very nice the one I seen. 

1 minute ago, Scott55021 said:

Have you sailed on Holland America yet?  Most of their ships have private/separate saunas.  Steam rooms are in spa area which cost,  but very nice the one I seen. 

I sailed on HAL Rotterdam. There is a free single sex sauna in the gym area. Not in the changing room but tucked away along a corridor close by. Not large but could accommodate up to 8 guys max.

The paid for spa area was all coed and to my mind not worth a payment at all.

On 7/5/2024 at 1:28 PM, Edsny said:

Been on 140 ,plus cruises.Azamara is my fave.This November 24

We were on the sister ship Insignia. It has a large steam room in the men's locker room by the gym.

Very under used on our trip.

No sauna.

Posted (edited)

Taking a Med cruise from London to Barcelona in September 2024 on the Oceania Marina. I heard it's being or been refurbished. Does anyone know if the Men's locker room sauna/steam room are still there and free? 

Edited by Mundzuk

On 7/5/2024 at 1:28 PM, Edsny said:

Been on 140 ,plus cruises.Azamara is my fave.This November 24

We were on the sister ship Insignia. It has a large steam room in the men's locker room by the gym.

Very under used on our trip.

No sauna.

Has anyone done an Antarctic cruise on HAL Oosterdam?

I know it has a small sauna like the Eurodam. Just wondered if anyone has done this cruise and if the sauna gets busy.

3 hours ago, happytraveller said:

Anyone been on the Norwegian Dawn?

any idea re men only steam and sauna area?

I was on it in 2016 - had a good size sauna and steam in the locker room; not sure if it's changed since then. 

On 7/15/2024 at 9:42 AM, Mundzuk said:

Taking a Med cruise from London to Barcelona in September 2024 on the Oceania Marina. I heard it's being or been refurbished. Does anyone know if the Men's locker room sauna/steam room are still there and free? 

We have been on sister ship Riviera.   I would highly doubt there will be any changes to the sauna and steam area on Marina during the refurb and certainly won't be removed.   Oceania's newest ship, Vista, has a very similar sauna/steam room layout to Marina/Riviera and still complimentary.  

I really enjoyed the setup on Riviera.  We will be on Vista in November, can't wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, portugaltiago said:

Great photos and thanks for the info.  Did the Queen Victoria provide slippers for this sauna area or is this locker room part of the gym and more DIY? 

The photos are of Seabourn Encore Not Queen Victoria. But on Queen Victoria they did have the plastic type sliders but that was a few years ago, they may have stopped them now. Perhaps someone who has been on Queen Victoria recently cold comment!!

17 minutes ago, LEESRE said:

The photos are of Seabourn Encore Not Queen Victoria. But on Queen Victoria they did have the plastic type sliders but that was a few years ago, they may have stopped them now. Perhaps someone who has been on Queen Victoria recently cold comment!!

Whoops, thank you!

On 7/21/2024 at 12:40 PM, happytraveller said:

Anyone been on the Norwegian Dawn?

any idea re men only steam and sauna area?

I was on it in 2022 and they were still there. They kept sending female attendants in every half hour to check the temps until I finally complained. 

On 7/26/2024 at 4:53 PM, portugaltiago said:

Great photos and thanks for the info.  Did the Queen Victoria provide slippers for this sauna area or is this locker room part of the gym and more DIY? 

I don’t remember slippers. I had them in my room for sure. They might have had robes in the lockers but I’m not sure. In any event, no one wore robes in the sauna. 

On 1/1/2024 at 4:41 PM, ShipWalker said:

It's a new year and I've added Oceania Cruise ships to the database.

A friendly reminder to all users to the database...

Best viewed on desktop or laptop. (using a mouse)

Steam/Sauna Database

As a reminder to all, ANY change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, or for some reason change the order of the ships it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your great work on this. Just to be clear, when you say "change" do you mean that we "save" any things we've done, or simply when we alter the DB and do not save it?

Anything you do to the database (other than simply looking at it) is now permanent to the database and is how it will look to the next person viewing it.

You do not "save" any things you've done. The program automatically "saves" it within seconds of anything you've done/altered.

• Like 2