Viewing public profiles and stats

DrJW

I find that I cannot view all Cruise Critic member profiles? Are some of these 'blocked'? It would be good to see profiles in order to see which cruises they have sailed on as well as the number of cruises. One can better determine the benefit of one's suggestions [i.e. first time cruiser vs. frequent cruiser!]

Thanks

J

posted 8/11/14 by LauraS

Sr. Manager, Community

Cruise Critic

<<Some Links Not Working - Working on Issue

Hi Folks: We are aware that some links on our forums, particularly off of the main nav under "Quick Links" (for example) aren't working. We are working on this issue and are attempting to correct it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience. Laura >>

-Sukey-

I find that I cannot view all Cruise Critic member profiles? Are some of these 'blocked'? It would be good to see profiles in order to see which cruises they have sailed on as well as the number of cruises. One can better determine the benefit of one's suggestions [i.e. first time cruiser vs. frequent cruiser!]

Thanks

J

The profiles do not show the number of cruises taken or the cruise lines sailed.

The only way you will know that is if the poster includes past cruising experience in his or her signature. If you become a frequent visitor to the boards, you will come to know who are the experienced cruisers on a particular line and whose suggestions you want to trust (may not be the same people LOL)

That its not how many cruises or lines or ports a poster has done it is more than anything their specific personality, likes and dislikes. Nothing more.

Everyone will see things in different light...we all do. What is posted here in not so much pure fact but opinions of the poster.

A simple observation over the years....one hears the same raves and complaints on NCL as you do on Regent or Oceania..

Beauty is thus in the eye of the beholder

Sent from a Gibson girl transmitter near the salton sea.

That its not how many cruises or lines or ports a poster has done it is more than anything their specific personality, likes and dislikes. Nothing more.

Everyone will see things in different light...we all do. What is posted here in not so much pure fact but opinions of the poster.

A simple observation over the years....one hears the same raves and complaints on NCL as you do on Regent or Oceania..

Beauty is thus in the eye of the beholder

Sent from a Gibson girl transmitter near the salton sea.

Not necessarily so

While some questions may call for opinions (how is the entertainment? how is the food?) others call for facts and often you need to get an answer from someone who has cruised multiple times to get an accurate answer.

Eg -- What's the demographic? If you have only cruised once you really do not have a broad range of experience to give an informed answer. Every cruise is different?

There many questions that call for factual answers. Those will multiple cruises on a particular line are in the best position to answer such questions.

You only need 1 cruise to give an opinion -- and we have even seen some give opinions without ever having cruised on a particular line. LOL

Also, some people do not like to list all the cruises they have been on and some people are not computer davy to the point that they look up where they put add ons to the signatures, etc. We met a couple last cruise that were on their 20th Oceania cruise and they chose not to be recognized at the cocktail party for returning passengers. It is an individual choice.