Which Holiday Inn in Fort Lauderdale?

Patrona

Need recommendation for which Holiday Inn to stay at for a one-night pre-cruise stay for a Saturday in September near Port Everglades. I'm not so concerned about the room itself, as it is only one night. Just looking to be close to shopping so I can grab some last minute needs and a nice dinner. I am flying into Miami so I don't want to have to pay a taxi to run to the store. It would be nice to be within close walking distance of some action, and not too far from the port. There are too many Holiday Inn's to pick from, and I am wondering if you can help?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Need recommendation for which Holiday Inn to stay at for a one-night pre-cruise stay for a Saturday in September near Port Everglades. I'm not so concerned about the room itself, as it is only one night. Just looking to be close to shopping so I can grab some last minute needs and a nice dinner. I am flying into Miami so I don't want to have to pay a taxi to run to the store. It would be nice to be within close walking distance of some action, and not too far from the port. There are too many Holiday Inn's to pick from, and I am wondering if you can help?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cruise port one on SE 17th is within easy walking distance of a publix and other stores/dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express on 17th st. It is within easy walking distance of a Walgreens and just a bit further but walkable to the Harbor shops area, which has a wine store and a Publix market, plus many many restaurants in the Harbor shops area, and near the hotel, and accross the street from the hotel. You might find some good info on the Florida departures board also. It is also very near the port. Hotel has a shuttle for a small fee, but a taxi should be less than 20.00 incl tip.

Edited by SMSACE6

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express on 17th st. It is within easy walking distance of a Walgreens and just a bit further but walkable to the Harbor shops area, which has a wine store and a Publix market, plus many many restaurants in the Harbor shops area, and near the hotel, and accross the street from the hotel. You might find some good info on the Florida departures board also. It is also very near the port. Hotel has a shuttle for a small fee, but a taxi should be less than 20.00 incl tip.

Pretty decent rate right now too, at least for Dec. plus if you have ebates, it's 8% back right now.