balcony doors on freedom

tango55

Hello. We've booked our first balcony on our freedom cruise in December. Are the balcony doors sliding ones, or the ones that open in/out? If it's the latter, can you hold them open with bungee cords? And I've also heard if you put a magnet on the door somewhere it makes the a/c stay on?

Any help would be appreciated!

We would love to be able to hear the ocean at night!

Terry

Hello. We've booked our first balcony on our freedom cruise in December. Are the balcony doors sliding ones, or the ones that open in/out? If it's the latter, can you hold them open with bungee cords? And I've also heard if you put a magnet on the door somewhere it makes the a/c stay on?

Any help would be appreciated!

We would love to be able to hear the ocean at night!

Terry

The only doors that are sliding are the ones with obstructed views because of the life boats. The rest are all hinged. Yes, you can hold them open with a bungee cord but it puts a strain on the a/c. The freedom does not have the switches that shut the a/c off when you open the door. Only the Spirit class of ships has that feature.

The Caribbean is extremely humid. If you leave your balcony door open for too long, your ceiling will be dripping wet. Ours was within a half hour. We only propped ours open because we were on the balcony and expecting friends to stop by and wanted to hear them knock.

Edited by RWolver672

They can be propped but know that it will effect the climate control in your room as well as others.

I too love to hear the ocean at night but not at the inconvenience of others.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last year on the Breeze, April (2013) we propped our door open every night and it was very comfortable temperature-wise, and loved listening to the ocean while going to sleep.:D

Fast forward to this past July (2014)....we propped the door open on the first night and had to close it after a 1/2 hour. It was SOOOOOO hot!:mad:

I think it really depends on what month you cruise, whether or not it will be comfortable, or not. December should be PERFECT!!!!!!!

Also, don't bother with the bungee cord.

Just use the doorstop that your steward uses while cleaning the room. He leaves it under the closet door. Just be sure to put it back in the morning.:D

Edited by KPfromCT

fe28dd40013a9ac3bd2f32c3046c0780.jpg

I'm confused, isn't this a slider, and not obstructed?

And I suppose it's possible... But the photo that you have posted appears to be identical--right down to the last details [ie; the throw pillows and bed runner, the balcony furnishings, the bedside lighting, the stateroom layout]--to that which one would encounter in a verandah cabin on one of Celebrity's Solstice-Class ships...

And I suppose it's possible... But the photo that you have posted appears to be identical--right down to the last details [ie; the throw pillows and bed runner, the balcony furnishings, the bedside lighting, the stateroom layout]--to that which one would encounter in a verandah cabin on one of Celebrity's Solstice-Class ships...

I agree, xport. Nothing in that picture looks like Carnival to me.

Just came back from southern caribe on the freedom had a balcony cabin on deck 6 hinged door with panoramic window no slider and I used the stewards door stop to keep it open.. It's a great ship and had a blast with the kids..

:)We were on Freedom last October, spa deck, 1115. The spa deck balcony rooms do have sliding doors. The spa deck balcony rooms were not originally balcony rooms, they were ocean view with floor to ceiling windows. With the changes, they are still floor to ceiling windows with a slider, but no cover on the balcony. This suited us fine. You could lie on your balcony at night and look straight up at the stars. It was beautiful! Going again this October, but on Conquest, spa balcony.