Norwegian Kids Sail Free to Europe in the summer?

Jmhodg

We have gone on a few Kids sail free cruises with Norwegian but they have always been in the winter months. We like to book in the spring when the first Norwegian Kids Sail Free comes out for the year. This time we will like to do a 14 night Mediterranean cruise on July 11, 2015, our first trip to Europe and next year we can only travel in July. I am just wondering if anyone remembers or was able to book a European cruise this summer when the Kids Sail Free promo came out early March 2014? As we booked for December 2014, I didn't even look to see if it applied to summer cruises. We just don't want to get too excited about it if it probably won't be included in the promo...alternatively we were thinking if that particular cruise is not included in the promo, we are hoping the 7 night Hawaiian one is but we are really hoping forEurope. If anyone booked for this summer through the spring promo or remembers, that will be great to know. .

Thanks in advance.

This August had some KSF for Baltics. We are sitting at our connection as I type for our upcoming Star cruise. 9 nights from Copenhagen. Spending time in the UK and Copenhagen first hence why we are flying now.

Last summer we did 12-nt Spirit from Barcelona to Venice with our children (ages 3 and 7 then). No KSF that I saw for our dates (early June last year). We also try to put two cruises together when we make the long flight across the big pond, so try to match up dates and itineraries

We have gone on a few Kids sail free cruises with Norwegian but they have always been in the winter months. We like to book in the spring when the first Norwegian Kids Sail Free comes out for the year. This time we will like to do a 14 night Mediterranean cruise on July 11, 2015, our first trip to Europe and next year we can only travel in July. I am just wondering if anyone remembers or was able to book a European cruise this summer when the Kids Sail Free promo came out early March 2014? As we booked for December 2014, I didn't even look to see if it applied to summer cruises. We just don't want to get too excited about it if it probably won't be included in the promo...alternatively we were thinking if that particular cruise is not included in the promo, we are hoping the 7 night Hawaiian one is but we are really hoping forEurope. If anyone booked for this summer through the spring promo or remembers, that will be great to know. .

Thanks in advance.

The latest KSF promotion (Most of the month of July) had some Med cruises for September at least. Not sure if July was interluded. Those would have been very last minute anyway. July Med cruises are filled with kids so it is possible they wont be included.

I sail Europe every year as well as Hawaii. Hawaii overall is one of the most costly cruises, where the 7 days is likely to be in line with a longer European sailing. Air will be more for Europe, so may be a wash. :)

both locations are excellent with NCL the winner in Hawaii, in my opinion. :)

I kept watching for KSF but when they finally came out they didn't help with kids and school dates! Plus the taxes/port fees were so high it still didn't make $ sense. I almost ended up on MSC because they have the kids sail free for most of the ships/itineraries here in Europe. I want to stay loyal to NCL but not for more $!

Fortunately I am also a temporary German resident so they are offering KSF for more of the European cruises than thru the US website. So even with the Euro vs Dollar I am still coming out ahead because there is a KSF offer for over the Fall break in October.

I have a US passport so was working both sides! Gonna hate it when I move back to the States next year. Baltics and Western Med with kids sail free--I will never be this lucky again!

I kept watching for KSF but when they finally came out they didn't help with kids and school dates! Plus the taxes/port fees were so high it still didn't make $ sense. I almost ended up on MSC because they have the kids sail free for most of the ships/itineraries here in Europe. I want to stay loyal to NCL but not for more $!

Fortunately I am also a temporary German resident so they are offering KSF for more of the European cruises than thru the US website. So even with the Euro vs Dollar I am still coming out ahead because there is a KSF offer for over the Fall break in October.

I have a US passport so was working both sides! Gonna hate it when I move back to the States next year. Baltics and Western Med with kids sail free--I will never be this lucky again!

Hi Alise007!

Thanks very much for your reply! You are lucky you can book on both sites, not everyone can do that? Sorry, I've never looked. Do you really find MSC cheaper? I have gone on their web site to try and book for the 4 of us to see how much it is and when the price jumps up to charge full fare for my husband and I it seems expensive. Have you cruised with MSC before? How does it compare to NCL? I didn't like that most of their times in port are shorter than NCL or other cruise lines. Maybe I will call MSC and get them to price it out for me. Thanks again!! :-)

we took advantage for KSF this year on the 12 day mediterranean cruise. the dates that were available back in february, they were around labor day in may, then starting the second week in august thru mid november. so basically when american kids are in school it was KSF. :)

our kids are homeschooled so we will be going in early November

We changed schools this year and start on Monday vs our original Sept 9th Germany public school...so we could have taken advantage of the KSF promo but the weeks we needed were never available...or they were before school got out the end of July!

No, its not normal to have "both" options but I am still a US passport holder and pay US taxes! We just have temporary residence in Germany for my husbands job and anything longer than 90 days requires a residence permit. I had priced things before and it was normally more expensive when you factor in the Euro conversion rates.

Of course when we no longer live over here I can't afford to add in the cost of the flight PLUS the cruise so it won't matter. Flights across the pond have gotten way too high! Knocking it out while we can!

The MSC cruise for the Baltics (had quad cabin been available) was almost 1/2 price but also 7 day vs 9 day. I could have paid for 2 cabins and it was equal to the 1 inside cabin on the Star with the KSF promo. I do know that the RT Venice cruise I want with MSC had some short port days in Croatia and Greece. But our days in Helsinki and Stockholm were pretty short for our Star Baltic cruise.

There is a website call Cruise Pool I use to price sailings. The Western Med cruise with MSC in October is 800 Euros Inside cabin vs a 1 week NCL Western Med cruise for 1700 Euros and that is for both offers KSF. Not identical ports so its not 100%. But you can see big $ differences. We just really wanted to sail the Epic this time and wanted a bigger ship with extras on it. The MSC ship was similar to the smaller NCL ones we have already cruised. We are already used to Non American/European ways of doing things so that is a non issue for us!