Platinum Level

jilly08

Just wondering if anyone know how Carnival interprets this....

The question: I was only a sail or two away from Platinum in the previous recognition program......

Answer:We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

Do you interpret that to mean you needed to sail that 10th sailing prior to

December 31, 2013? Or that once you start your 10th cruise, you are platinum?

Thanks,

Jill

We added a second cruise in 2013 just so we would meet the requirements for Platinum under the old rules. Since we were so close when the new program was announced that seemed like a no-brainer. Carnival gave us a year to sneak in under the old rule. Helps if you're retired and can go when the urge hits you. :)

Was it worth it? I don't know what the other ports are like, but when I entered the Platinum lounge in San Juan (Valor cruise), I was directed to the coffee/juice/croissant table. BEFORE I could get my juice they called my name to pick up my documents. Fastest check-in I have ever experienced.

Oh yeah, plus we got to crash my daughter's spring cruise and keep an eye on her and her friend. The look on her face when she saw us at the airport and realized what was up: PRICELESS!

Jim