Passport ?'s

callajl

I know that to go to Mexico, they won't be required until Dec 31, 2006. The Caribbean and other places will be Dec 31, 2005. Of course, they are talking about extending the deadline, so who knows. My DD and I already have passports, it is just DH. I guess we will go ahead and get him one anyway since we will be cruising many times in our future.

There has been some major rumblings over the last few days about the 31 Dec date being delayed. If it becomes official we should hear something shortly.

I went ahead and got one over the summer figuring I would be taking a cruise next year and sure enough Disney obliged by offering a unique intinerary at a very good price. :)

Here is a link to the US Department of State with the new requirements. It appears the Caribbean timeframe is now 1/1/08.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

However, if you keep reading, you will see that they are still discussing phasing things in. Therefore, the Government can at any time go back to their original time frame of 12/31/05. I would strongly suggest monitering the situation and keeping on top of it if you have a cruise departing from 12/31 through beginning of February. Anytime later than that you will have plenty of notice as to whether or not you will need to get them.

Archived