Port Question

morehay

So, this may show that I am a newbie, first cruise in 12 days!!!! My question is this, can you come and go as you please off the ship while in port? Just wondering if we could shop and return our purchases to the ship before heading out to a beach or if we would need to keep everything with us. Or for instance if we could return for lunch and then head back out for more exploring. I have no idea how time intensive this process is so please someone fill me in. Thanks!

yes, you can come and go as you please.

just take into consideration the time you'll be wasting wanting to shop, go back to the boat to return your things, get off and go do what you want. which also ties into how much time you'll be at port. traffic, lines, wait times, etc. or if you have to tender, then its not ideal at all.

The time it takes will vary from port to port - some ports the ship is right next to the shopping area - other ports you have to tender in to the port.

Just check out each port as you get there to decide what will work best for you and have an absolute ball!!!

We often go out, come back for lunch and go out again. Some ports, like Cozumel have a long gift shop and pier that adds about 10 minutes each way, but isn't too bad in the middle of the day. Tender ports like Grand Cayman and Cabo San Lucas can take longer since you must wait for the boat to fill up before it leaves. Belize will just take too long, try to finish everything you want to do on shore before going back. St Thomas, Isla Roatan, St Maartin, and Nassau are among many that are easy to get on and off.

my answer is the same as most others. Come and go as you please. If you are late returning you may find a video of your self missing the ship on YouTube. You can find yourself by doing a search on Youtube for "pier runners cruise ship". A highlight to some peoples' cruise is to watch for people missing the ship!:D

So, this may show that I am a newbie, first cruise in 12 days!!!! My question is this, can you come and go as you please off the ship while in port? Just wondering if we could shop and return our purchases to the ship before heading out to a beach or if we would need to keep everything with us. Or for instance if we could return for lunch and then head back out for more exploring. I have no idea how time intensive this process is so please someone fill me in. Thanks!

Yes, you can come and go as you please with your sail and sign card and photo ID. But the feasibility of doing so will depend on which port you are visiting and which excursions or activities you have planned. Some people like to plan their shopping in ports that have shops close to the ship and then visit the beach in a port with a great beach.