Venice Sailaway NCL Jade - Secrets?

eptice

Hello All,

I apologize if this has already been asked, I searched, but could not find anything...

My wife and I are on the Jade in early October and I always read about how the sailaway is amazing!

Here is the problem: Our cabin is on the starboard side of the ship and everything I have read says we need to be on the port side to see Venice (St. Marks, Doge's Palace, etc.).

Does anyone know of a good spot on the port side of the Jade for us to take great pics from and enjoy the view as we sail away? Possibly one that is not very crowded...

Thank you all!

If you want to be outside, the Freestyle Sundeck, Deck 15 Forward, is a great place for sail always. Usually uncrowded, you have sweeping port, starboard, and forward views. At Day 1 sail away, there's rarely more than a handful of people up there, and, yes, you can keep your top on (Freestyle Sun Deck = topless sunbathing area)

Grab your sail away beverages of choice at the Bali Hai Bar on Deck 13, Forward on your way up to 15. Note, there is only stair access from Deck 14.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember, you will be on the correct side when you sail back to Venice!!!

We go in May 2015...:cool:

The return sail arrives very very early like 5:00 am.

As for views go to Outdoor cafe deck 12and try to get a table on the railing or go up to deck 13 aft.

And yes many many kodak moments on the sailaway. I would say its the best ever out of almost 30 cruises.

For other folks that are contemplating this cruise you may want to do it sooner rather than later as the Gov't is seriously considering kicking cruise ships out of the channel.

OP, I love that you asked this question and I'll be following along. I'm on the sailing after yours. :D This is my first cruise with NCL so I'm not familiar with the Jade and this will be very helpful for planning what to do when I get on the ship! I want to be sure to have a good spot for sail away to enjoy the view. I usually have a balcony cabin, but I'm going solo this time and just couldn't justify the price of a balcony cabin for one person. :o

Suggest you hit deck 12 or 13; from there you can see St. Marks Square with no problem. The star bar is where u can get a drink and watch the sail away

Edited by AF-1