Past Cruise Itinerary - MS Rotterdam 1999?

Griffindor

My husband took his mother (celebrating her 80th birthday) and his daughter on a northern European cruise with Holland America on the MS Rotterdam in 1999. He is trying to update his cruise history. Does anyone have info on what that cruise may have been?

Thanks!

Griffindor

Could you provide an approximate date?

If it was his mother's birthday, were they aboard for her birthday? That would give a very good idea of sail date thus easier to get itinerary.

I sailed two cruises on Rotterdam in 1999 so more info could help.

Edited by sail7seas

I looked through all my old brochures etc and we boarded Rotterdam about December 19 or so for back-to-back Christmas and Millenium cruises. Those were Caribbean cruises from FLL. Sorry. I thought I might be able to help you.

My guess would be your DH was either on the last European cruise of that season or he boarded for the transatlantic crossing bringing the ship to FLL to begin the Caribbean season. She likely was there for Thanksgiving.

Approx. in November 1999? Any help is greatly appreciated.

When you wrote November and I thought back to about when ships repositioned from Europe to FLL 'back then', there would not have been many more sailings before the TA. Rotterdam in Europe at that time probably was doing 10 days cruises. I know Rotterdam was sailing FLL in December, 1999 as we boarded there.

I'm not sure what your goal. If it is to learn the itinerary so he would have a record of ports visited, you could call Mariners Society and they would have a record of when he sailed and I'm sure HAL has history of the itinerary. They could provide that information.

If your goal is to have Mariners Society credit your DH with days he sailed a Rotterdam cruise then, you need to find some evidence.

Is there another goal I haven't thought of?

Edited by sail7seas

• 2 months later...

I can't shed light on November '99 specifically but these were our Rotterdam cruises around that time which might help with the 'patterns' :-

Oct 29, 2002 ms Rotterdam Panama Canal Amazon River 12 nights

Dec 10, 2000 ms Rotterdam Caribbean Bermuda 11 nights

Apr 28, 1999 ms Rotterdam Europe Transatlantic 9 nights

Dec 03, 1998 ms Rotterdam Europe Transatlantic 10 nights