Taxi from Ballantine cruiseport

I have read about transport to the airport from Canada Place but little about the port we are using for Rhapsody OS. How difficult will it be to find a taxi from Ballentyne pier? D we have any other options, beside the SkyTrain- we have too much luggage to comfortably do that. This is the last stay in a long two weeks- I want to have a good experience. There are only2 of us, so a limo would be too expensive.

As I understand it, you can only arrive or depart Ballantine by vehicle (private or hired). The pier is otherwise in a restricted zone and is difficult to get around by foot. I also understand that this is the last year that this pier will be used because of its location within a restricted zone.

Forgive me, Mr_Astro, but I'm not sure how your reply answers OP at all; s/he wants to know about a cab from Ballentyne ("How difficult will it be to find a taxi from Ballentyne pier?"). No sense in worrying OP about getting around on foot; they aren't going to be doing that. :)

OP cardamom, taxis go where the money is, and a cruise ship full of disembarking passengers is big money. You should have no trouble getting a cab at Ballentyne.

EDITED TO ADD this link: the link below gives information and taxi pricing. I found it after I posted, and came back to let you know.

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/en/about/cruiseandtourism/transportationandparking.aspx <--- click here

Edited by Langley Cruisers

I disembarked in May at Ballantyne on a day that there were three ships at Canada Place as well - as you exit the terminal you will be asked if you want a taxi - if yes - you will be directed to the line-up - in my case the wait was less than five minutes but others reported a longer wait - many of the taxis are only going to downtown hotels so it doesn't take them long to return to the port.

On busy weekends like this Vancouver usually relaxes the rule and allows suburban taxis to pick up fares as well - usually can only drop off.

While you may have a wait it shouldn't be too long.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Cheers!

Dennis