Your favorite waiter : name and ship

DFritz

Our waiter from our first cruise, last summer on the Sovereign, was so incredible, but we can not remember his name. We have been trying so hard to remember because we just booked another SoS cruise, and would LOVE to request him so that we can spend time with him again. We believe that his name started with an A, and we know that he was taking a couple of weeks off that summer to get married. I know it isn't much to go on, but does anyone know who this may be, or is there somewhere I could find a list of staff names? I know I would recognize his name if I saw or heard it. Thanks so much!

Melissa

This is Yatin (India) and Chrysta (I think Philippines) from Radiance. Yatin is darling and they were both sooooo wonderful with the kids, as you can see. Every night, they did something special for them. His 8+ years of experience show through big time!

Chrysta is now on FR, but as far as I know, Yatin is still on RD.

167473725_yatinchrystasm.JPG.406eab791f08a6c493de2f614f82d1b9.JPG

Our favorite without a doubt is Alan from India on Enchantment!:D

When we did our B2B we asked for him on the 2nd cruise. So they switched our table assignment.

What a nice surprise to find out we had a table for 2 when we got to dinner that night!

• 4 years later...

Hi everyone... I cruised on the Valor this Thanksgiving 2010 and there was a waiter there, I believe his name tag said "Joy" and he was, I believe, from the Philippines... did anyone have him??? You see, he wasn't our waiter, but we would see him every single night and he seemed so incredibly awesome (unfortunately, we didn't have that with our own waiter... =/). Anyhow, my family and I WISH we could "find him" and perhaps request him in our future cruise if he happens to be on the same ship... I don't know...we do know he seemed to be the best, though. again, he was on the Carnival Valor on Thanksgiving week 2010. Any info is greatly appreciated. =D he was too cool. =)

Have a wonderful day,everyone.... happy sailing... cruising is the best! =D

Bogdan and his assistant Eldon on Navigator in MTD were the best waiter and assistant waiter that we have had on any of our cruises ever !!!:cool:

They were so excellent working together as a team and you always got served promptly and never had to wait even a little bit for anything at all.;)

We were amazed at how quick and efficient they were and recommend anyone doing MTD request to be seated in their area.

Ramona from Romania on AOS, August 2004. She was wonderful. We were always amazed at the sight of this tiny, thin girl carrying a trayful of dinners just like all the other big, brawny waiters! She was awesome. Hope she is still on the AOS in when we sail in August.

We had Ramona on Voyager two years ago. She was our second choice. And was very nice. I'll write about our first choice at the end of this thread if I don't see his name.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Henry from the Philipines. We was awesome in taking care of my DW's gluten needs. He was always happy, with funny comments and jokes at the right time, but never too much. We still laugh at his levitating spoon magic trick. He was on the Legend OTS four years ago. Two years ago we were on the Voyager. He wasn't our waiter, but we recognized him serving tables near us so we introduced ourselves. After that, he came over to our table at the end of every evening, after he was finished caring for his own tables, and just checked in with a new joke or story just for us. He was, without a doubt our favorite.

lol - I can't remember my own name some days. :o We've had some great servers on our cruises, but names are my downfall in life.

This thread reminds me of one thing I don't like abvout mtd - we don't seem to get to know our servers as well.

Last May, we had a waiter on Oasis named Carlos. He was fabulous! In reading the old posts, I see a Carlos mentioned several times, so I wonder if its the same one. I can't recall where he was from :(

We had MTD and he was truly outstanding.

All of our RC waiters have been good, but he was the best :)

Rachel

We had A lovely waiter called Radu from Transelvannia (yes we had all the vampire jokes) also a head waiter called Mr Bakus from Bali. This was on Rhapsody in Nov. They kept us entertained no end.

The best was an assistant waiter on Explorer from India. He was the most attentive and professional dining room employee we ever encountered in our 16 cruises.

At that time he was working for 9 or 10 years trying to save money to open a restaurant. This great fellow had a little son back home, missed him tremendously.

TWO YEARS after our first meeting we took another trip on Explorer. We were having breakfast in Windjammer when someone approached our table. It was the same assistant waiter. He remembered our names and the kind of juice I liked! We couldn't belive it considering how many passengers he sees every week.

To this day I can't forgive myself that I lost my note with his name. May be someday we'll see him again on Explorer. :)

Richard Rainford. - Jamaica

By far the best waiter I've ever had not only on any cruise but at any restaurant. He ws on the Liberty at the time but I believe he was transferred to the Oasis when it came out.

We had asked for him when we went back on the Liberty but the M'D said that he had been transferred and promoted!!!!!

I love whoever is taking care of me on any given ship at any given time. However, on our 10-nt Radiance cruise last March, Arthur (waiter) and his assistant waiter Micheline, were outstanding. We had MTD and reserved with them every evening (with the exception of Chops/Portofino). They made an already great cruise experience even better.

Edited by KeywestK

If she could have, I think my mom would have taken Andriy from Ukraine home with her after our Liberty cruise. Not as a waiter, but as our new little brother. He did a great job with our table in general, but also with my niece, who wasn't keen on sitting at the table for long -- and not only in the MDR, but in the Windjammer for breakfast, too. He'd find us and keep her busy.

We were just talking about this last night. Our sons have always said that Lindon on the Grandeur was their favorite. We have to agree. From the very start he understood our humor and needled us right back. The best was when my wife (chief needler) said she was having "nothing" for dessert one night, and Lindon brought out a plate with "Nothing" written on it in chocolate sauce:D

My wife and I cruised on the Oasis earlier this month. Our party of 10 dined together at one table. We had Eddie from Nicaragua as our waiter, and Michael from the Phillipines as his assistant. What great guys! One can tell they take their craft very seriously. Great job. Eddie was so attentive to our needs(and wants). And so funny. Dinner became a very enjoyable part of each day, as much for the fun we had with these guys as it was for the food.

Cheers and good cruisin'!

Best waiter was Maria on Independence April 2009.

Best Headwaiter was Hans on Splendour Nov 2007 [he made the job meaningful].

Assistants [can't recall names] tie Independence April 2009 and Splendour Nov 2007.

Worst [or least favorite] RCI wait-staff [don't recall names] Jewel Oct. 2010.

Absolute worst [as in bad] [never learned names] Celebrity Mercury Oct. 2009.

Edited by mjldvlks

Our waiter Rohman (Roman) and his assitant Donovan. I know Donovan was from Jamaica but I cannot remember where Rohman was from, anyways they were on the Mariner of the Seas for our 12/12/2010 cruise and they were both awesome, always smiling, funny, and provided top notch service every night.

The best wait people we had were in 2007 on AOS- Basil from India and his Assistant Veronica, who I think was from Venezuela.

The first morning we ate at the Windjammer my husband asked for grapefruit juice and they didn't have any so the next morning Basil, our waiter from the MDR was working in the Windjammer and had a glass of Grapefruit juice ready,freshly squeezed for my hubby.....

Unfortunatley for us, he's now on FOS and he won't be there when we cruise on AOS again in Feb.