Your favorite waiter : name and ship

DFritz

The team of Carlos from Chile and Nicole from Trinidad on the Mariner last week were the most attentive waiter and assistant waiter. Our family was always stuffed as Carlos always brought out another dish for my three growing sons whenever one was finished. And Nicole always brought out my tea after the entree dishes were cleared.

We would love to see them again on another cruise.

My vote goes to Kem from Turkey. He was on the Serenade last year and was wonderful. My DH loves to ask for different side dish and entree combinations and Kem was so accomodating. He was also funny and cute. He even brought my son two additional Baked Alaskas without asking when he saw how Brian inhaled the first! We also had Richard from India as our head waiter. He was very personable and friendly. How do you find out which ships waiters are on now? We would love to have the pleasure of seeing Kem aboard the Mariner this Dec.

Tamas from Hungary on Grandeur. Alot of fun & cute too! He was our waiter 7/04 we went looking for him this past July when we sailed Grandeur again , found him & he remembered us! we were sorry he wasnt our waiter this time, we had Tomas from Slavakia (sp?) He was Ok, he never asked us what our names were.

We loved Mr. Mimi on the Radiance. He is originally from Egypt, I believe, but carries an Irish passport. He has been the best Head Waiter we have ever had. There was aslo an assistant waiter named Luz from Peru on the same ship. We will never forget her.

Neal from Philppines on Voyager this July. The best assistant waiter we had in our 6 cruises.

He made oragami paper figures every night for our daughters just to make them smile, and was very attentive to every request.

Excellent service!:) :) :)

What a great idea... some of the fondest memories of our cruises are the wait staff we encounter... it's fun to remember.. what about starting a new miscellaneous thread to display pictures of these "characters" with a short bio on their name and ship and date... its always fun to run into someone you remember from a previous cruise... its always like a homecoming... think i'll start one...

Weary Traveler

I think our first cruise, where we had no idea what a fabulous time awaited us, is still our favorite. On the Soveriegn our waiter and assistant, (sadly I have forgotten their names) were magnificent. Our tablemates never showed up during the 4 day cruise and they lavished us with attention. Donald, the headwaiter, was also superb, asking about our day and then responding with that deep jamaican voice saying Very nice.....Very nice. We loved Grace at Le Bistro on the Norwegian Majesty, what a sweet and funny woman. We've never had a bad waiter, but those four are special to us.

• 10 months later...

I know this thread is dead, but anyways, Ship was Mariner of the Seas, Date June 11-18, Waiter Was Orhan from Turkey, Assistant was Sophie from United Kingdom. Orhan was funny and would do anything for you. Deck 5 table 567

Our waiter, Gokhan from Turkey, was wonderful; we learned to look forward to his nightly speeches on the next night's dinner, as well as attractions in our port of call. Always big smiles, very friendly. He was looking forward to going home at the end of our cruise, though...

Our assistant waiter, Zekai from Turkey, was nice but nowhere near as flamboyant as Gokhan.

Up in Portofino's, Daniela and Catalin (both from Romania) gave us the most awesome service, a perfect counterpoint to our delicious dinner.

Burak from Turkey!!! He was our waiter on our family cruise on the Enchantment way back in 1999. He was leaving to open the Voyager when it debuted. We cruised the VOS in 2002 and tried to track him down - unfortunately he had just left the ship for his vacation!!

Do not know if he is still with RCI - would love and update on him if anyone has one!! After 10 cruises he is by far our families favorite!!!!

Luis on the Splendour of the Seas last January. He really took great care of all of us - even getting dinners to us one night when we were too tired to have dinner in the dining room. (BTW, that's how much the waiters appreciate your letting them know not to wait for you!)

Back on Grandeur in '02 - Alper from Turkey, and Head Waiter Erkan Esgin, also from Turkey.

Best Bartender ever is Adriannie, from the Phillipines - he was full of jokes and little magic tricks, and made the cutest shapes out of the straw wrappers! :) This was back in the days of the "cocktail cards" - when Adriannie found out we were departing the Grandeur and immediately boarding the Explorer, he slipped us 8 (eight!!!) cocktail cards to enjoy on our next cruise! :D

It was our first cruise, but they were wonderful!

On Mariner of the Seas. Mahesh from India, and our assistant waiter, Leonardo from the Phillipines. We loved them both! Leonardo was so friendly, and would chat with us during the day while he was working in the Windjammer.

Puneet Sain - India VOS Sept. 2004

Puneet always new what DS, a picky eater, wanted and had DS dinner on the table as we sat down at the table and would cut up any meat that needed cutting. If DS left dinner early Puneet would always send dessert back to the room for DS to eat later. We had a large party spread out in two tables and Puneet arranged for all 13 of us to sit at one table. VOS Sept. 2005 we ran into him again, although he was not our waiter he made sure we were treated like royalty.

? - Head waiter - Taiwan VOS Sept. 2005

Sorry I can not rememeber his name but the funniest head waiter ever. He always walked around joking made sure everything was perfect. I remember a couple of cruise were I did not see the Head Waiter except the first and last night. Someone sent a bottle of champagne to our room during this cruise so we brought it to dinner to share with the people at our table. When the head waiter went to open it he was kidding around and asked my husband "who at our table would he like to shoot with the cork". Just as he said that the cork flew out of the bottle and flew across the room about three tables away, thank goodness it did not hit anyone. I still laugh when I picture the look on his face.

Faruk - head waiter & Mamut -assistant waiter both from Turkey - Monarch of the Seas in August 1999

Weera - Head waiter from Thailand - Adventure of the Seas - Aug. 2003

They always made dinner one of the most enjoyable times of the day!!!

I have a wheat allergy, so dinning can be somewhat challenging. On our 4th cruise on Disney, we had exceptional wait staff--though I can remember their faces and what they did, I can't remember their names. They were especially attentive. Our last cruise on the Brillance--the women who is the head waiter of everyone--matride? Was the best ever. Though we gave her a substanial tip, I wish I could of given her 500 hundred dollars, she was that attentive--even more so than our own wait staff.