Secrets of the Antarctic - for past cruisers...

trixiee

Looking very seriously at booking the Dec 22 South America/Antarctic cruise.

A few questions:

What was your most memorable moment on this cruise?

What are the "must do" excursions?

What booking "strategies" would you advise? The ship looks to be about 50% sold... Should we wait until after final booking?

Should we be uber concerned about cabin location - I.e, mid-ship? (A little worried about the "drake shake" )

Any words of advise would be appreciated!

We were on the Zaandam last Christmas/New Years in Antarctica. It was the best cruise EVER!!!

Our most memorable moments were cruising in Antarctica and the daily lectures. We spent almost all of our time on the deck right under the bridge or on the Lower Promenade Deck. If you go on this cruise, get out on the decks. The Crow's Nest was extremely crowded and stuffy.

The must do excursions were the penguin excursions, either in the Falklands or in Puenta Arenas. All penguin excursions sold out fast.

As far as booking, our cruise was not full and there were a lot of people who booked within weeks of sailing.

Thank you everyone for the great information you have posted. We are on the Jan 30 sailing and your experiences recorded here have really increased my excitement about going. I have noted the Hot Chocolate at Ushuaia, the best photo spots, must see penguins and internet suggestions - Thanks :)