Booking onboard - what price?

jonsmum

As Brits, the prices quoted online always seem to be higher than those offered to Americans. If we book while we are onboard, does anyone if we will be charged the UK or the American price?

Thanks

most probably the UK price if that is your country of record on the current booking. You probably could use a US TA and that would give you a USA price.

If you book with a UK TA, they will probably insist you be given the UK price as their argument is that they cannot give you a US$ price if your initial booking was in UK pounds. I had the same issue when i was looking at booking onboard and they insisted that i would only book or get their FCC in Aus $ as I had booked the cruise i was on with an Aussie TA. :o

Edited by SunnyinDubai

Thanks for asking the question. It was one in the back of my mind.

Depending on the release dates for the 2016/17 cruises, we may well be on a cruise at the time. Hopefully, they will also have the Captain's Club early booking period again. Does anyone know if we would be able to book on board if the two coincide? Would hate to miss out because we were on a cruise!

As Brits, the prices quoted online always seem to be higher than those offered to Americans. If we book while we are onboard, does anyone if we will be charged the UK or the American price?

Thanks

I would book on board. if UK is better switch it to your TA