Opinion on Oceania Cruises

gusjakefred

It sounds to me like he is interested in a Celebrity cruise in which case he may want to try the Celebrity board.

To respond to an earlier question about taking a grandchild with you on board, in my opinion, children are welcome on any cruise line as long as school is not in session. Some people (myself included) plan their cruises when school is in session in order to avoid children. While we love children -- there needs to be adult time once in a while as well.

To respond to an earlier question about taking a grandchild with you on board, in my opinion, children are welcome on any cruise line as long as school is not in session. Some people (myself included) plan their cruises when school is in session in order to avoid children. While we love children -- there needs to be adult time once in a while as well.

Actually, regarding taking a grandchild on board, children are welcome on almost all cruise ships at any time of the year. Only adults only cruise lines are not welcoming of children.

To put in a rule regarding when school is or is not in session is an impossibility as at any given time, there are most likely some schools not in session. Schools south of the equator are out of session in the northern hemisphere winter and breaks vary all over the place in different schools. In addition, those children who are home schooled can be in session or out of session at any time so any rule regarding children at a specific time is impossible. If one wants adult alone time, the only way to guarantee it is to go to an adults only cruise line or resort.

Opinions are fine however to try to offer an opinion that differs from a companies policies and would be impossible to implement is off topic, and out of order.

Actually, regarding taking a grandchild on board, children are welcome on almost all cruise ships at any time of the year. Only adults only cruise lines are not welcoming of children.

To put in a rule regarding when school is or is not in session is an impossibility as at any given time, there are most likely some schools not in session. Schools south of the equator are out of session in the northern hemisphere winter and breaks vary all over the place in different schools. In addition, those children who are home schooled can be in session or out of session at any time so any rule regarding children at a specific time is impossible. If one wants adult alone time, the only way to guarantee it is to go to an adults only cruise line or resort.

Opinions are fine however to try to offer an opinion that differs from a companies policies and would be impossible to implement is off topic, and out of order.

Truly have no idea what you are talking about! Answering a question in the manner in which it is answered on most Cruise Critic boards seems to have created a diatribe about schools around the world.

"Out of order"? Very strange indeed.

Edited by Travelcat2