Deck 3 on Reflection

coh

Presume this is a solstice class ship if so-- Lowest passenger deck.Advantages: close to Guest services,shore excursion desk, if ship rolls you will feel it the least on this deck. Quiet, other than the atrium. try to get a room as far AFT as possible. forward rooms will be subject to noise of anchor handling (if you go to a port where you anchor out.) and the sound of water hitting the bow if ship is going at full speed. Also a room as far aft as possible will minimize the feel of pitch. (when ship goes bow down and up) close to main dining room(same deck) Disadvantage: farthest from pools and other top deck goings on.no balcony rooms on deck 3 Enjoy your cruise

Edited by vaguy22

We've stayed in an inside cabin on deck 3 on the Equinox, which has the same layout. Our cabin was 4 or 5 doors down from the passport bar. It was very quiet and we couldn't hear any noise from the atrium or the anchor.

We loved the location and would gladly take a cabin on deck 3 again. We could walk to the dining room and lounges. On port days we didn't have to deal with elevators since our cabin was 1 deck above the gangway.

Edited by lovemylab

Are we talking Inside or Ocean View ?

Take a look at the Deck Plans.

Deck 3 on the S-Class Ships is a pretty busy deck when it comes to public spaces.

It is also a haven for Crew Cabins that are located in the centre between the Port side and Starboard side Pax Cabins (they are in the blank space between the walls around the Category 12 Cabins)

Personally, If this was my only option... Then I'd choose a cabin midway down the hallway... Away from the noise making elements that are found either Midship or at the forefront.

If anyone has any tendency towards seasickness they say that lower & middle are best.

That said, you should be aware that in rough seas, it wouldn't be unusual to look outside your window and see the water bobbing about fairly close (that in itself would make me prone to being seasick !!)

Personally if you can swing it I'd opt to go a bit higher... Maybe Deck 6 and one of the Oceanview Cabins up there. Some of them are good values as they are listed as obstructed, But the amount can vary greatly cabin to cabin and by category (2C vs 2D)

For more info on specific cabins on The Reflection you should check out the S-Class Cabin Spreadsheet Sticky at the top of this Forum

Cheers!

Wondering about staying in cabin that low. Any experiences?

Hi, I stayed on this deck and would stay there again. I was on Reflection

for 3 nights back in Dec 2012 (3 night Inaurgual). I was starboard side,

inside cabin....I can't remember the cabin #...3160 maybe? It was fine

and should I end up booking an inside or window on any of the S class

ships I would pick this same location.:).......for me? It was great:D

If I have this category? I don't care about being on a higher deck. There

are elevators close by, Passport Bar right there, Guest Relations is portside.....it was very good.

Oh, even thought all those venues are close by, it was very quiet:)

Edited by Lois R

I have stayed in deck three cabins multiple times and would be just fine with doing it again. There is no noise from the atrium as long as you are 2 or 3 cabins away.

They are fantastic for rapid/easy embark and debark, as well as easy access to both forward and mid ship elevator/stairwells.

The only thing you have to be mindful of, is port side/forward cabins getting noise from Quasar on ships that have that venue. (all but Flex)