Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Enjoying your review and pics!

Can you tell me if there is wheelchair assistance available in Grand Turk to get down the long dock? We've been there before but I just don't remember. My 84 year old sister will be with us in Oct. and no way will she be able to walk all the way. She'll be fine once she gets to the end of the dock, just will need someone to push her from the ship to the end of the dock and back again later.

In my opinion one of the best parts about the pool at Margaritaville is that there are steps to get into the water...and not just a ladder like what you find on the ship. Due to multiple knee surgeries it is very tough for me to climb a pool ladder so these steps were wonderful

Margaritaville pool also has a zero entry sloped entrance to the pool at one end. Great for people who can't do steps.

Where does the Glory sail from? I am still thinking of Pride since I LOVE spirit class ships and she is the only one we have not sailed on and it's a short drive to Baltimore. And I LOVE GT and HMC. Favorite ports of call. Have been there 1/2 dozen times and have never been to Jack's Shack. I don't see the point! :confused: We have never been to GT alone, tho, always with another ship, so it looks completely different "empty." Thanks again for sharing this with us. We were on the Splendor 3x just because she was in NY which is our home port but I realize looking at your pictures how much I miss the spirit class of ships. ;)

Loving the review and all the pics so far...can't wait to get back on the Pride in April. Great to see what we missed last time...(Hurricaine Irene a few years ago...wiped out GT and we had to skip HMC because of lost day)...makes me want to go TODAY!! :)

Well Thank You but I think I am going to bypass Tea next time unless I have someone to go with me

It was wonderful....I would book another cruise with Grand Turk on the itinerary in a heartbeat. In fact I am looking at the Carnival Glory for May 16th with Grand Turk, St. Thomas, and Half Moon Cay as the ports of call

The Glory May 16th, oh my! We are already booked - 7 of us and hopefully adding the 2 women I became fast friends with on the Fantasy. We do tea, love trivia and just spend more time laughing! I've been trying to get to HMC and each time something happens ... Told my PVP that if something happens, he can row me there ... He laughed until I told him how serious I am, ha. Hopefully you & your Dad can come along too - we guarantee lots of laughter & fun!

The one I'm going on next year doesn't go to Grand Turk. I'm a little disappointed that the stop at Grand Turk is so short. The ship leaves at 2:30, I believe.

Its the same with our itinerary at Freeport. I like freeport (even though a lot of people don't), though it feels a little bit of a throwaway because you barely have time to do anything there.

If we have time, maybe we'll do the Splendor from NYC. I think their stop at Grand Turks is much longer.

Where does the Glory sail from? I am still thinking of Pride since I LOVE spirit class ships and she is the only one we have not sailed on and it's a short drive to Baltimore. And I LOVE GT and HMC. Favorite ports of call. Have been there 1/2 dozen times and have never been to Jack's Shack. I don't see the point! :confused: We have never been to GT alone, tho, always with another ship, so it looks completely different "empty." Thanks again for sharing this with us. We were on the Splendor 3x just because she was in NY which is our home port but I realize looking at your pictures how much I miss the spirit class of ships. ;)
The first time we went to GT we tried to stay at the beach and Margaritaville right by the port. It was horribly crowded and the swimming at the beach just wasn't very nice - the water wasn't clear and the bottom was rocky. We had to keep fending people away from our beach chairs.:eek: The next time we walked down to Jack's Shack and had a wonderful time. Much better swimming and much less crowded. The most we've done since at Margaritaville is a photo with the bird.:p

Sailing out of Baltimore is easy from NY. The first time we drove down to South Jersey to spend the night, then arrived at the port the next morning. The second time we went down a couple of days early to go to an Orioles game and to tour the Inner Harbor.

The Carnival Glory cruises out of Miami. We really lucked out in all 3 of our ports of call.....we never met another ship in any port. It was great. I think that's the first time that's ever happened in any of our cruises. I always check Cruise Cal to see what ships will be in port with us.

I always said that Key West was my favorite port of call. I think Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay is quickly moving to the top of my favorites list

Loving the review and all the pics so far...can't wait to get back on the Pride in April. Great to see what we missed last time...(Hurricaine Irene a few years ago...wiped out GT and we had to skip HMC because of lost day)...makes me want to go TODAY!! :)

Thank You so much. Happy to hear that you're enjoying my review. I would love to see the upgrades on the Pride....I'm sure they will be great.

Yay!! Another Wrigley review! I just love your reviews. You've inspired me to try to do one of my own when I get back home from my cruise in a few weeks.

Thank You. Have fun on your cruise and I will be looking for your review when you return. What ship are you cruising on and where are you going???

Once you start your review be sure to finish it. You'll be surprised at how much work a review is once you get started but there's nothing worse than a half done review

The Glory May 16th, oh my! We are already booked - 7 of us and hopefully adding the 2 women I became fast friends with on the Fantasy. We do tea, love trivia and just spend more time laughing! I've been trying to get to HMC and each time something happens ... Told my PVP that if something happens, he can row me there ... He laughed until I told him how serious I am, ha. Hopefully you & your Dad can come along too - we guarantee lots of laughter & fun!

I have a friend going on that cruise and she really wants me join her. I don't have anything booked for Spring yet so that cruise would be perfect...plus we have never been on the Glory.

Yeah Trivia is our favorite onboard activity. It's just fun to play....winning that ship on a stick is an added bonus.

We'd love to join ya. Hopefully it will work out that way

The one I'm going on next year doesn't go to Grand Turk. I'm a little disappointed that the stop at Grand Turk is so short. The ship leaves at 2:30, I believe.

Its the same with our itinerary at Freeport. I like freeport (even though a lot of people don't), though it feels a little bit of a throwaway because you barely have time to do anything there.

If we have time, maybe we'll do the Splendor from NYC. I think their stop at Grand Turks is much longer.

Really you don't stop at Grand Turk on your itinerary next year. Where do you go in it's place?? And yes I wish stops in Grand Turk were much longer. Just like Key West....the ships leave way too early from there too.

The first time we went to GT we tried to stay at the beach and Margaritaville right by the port. It was horribly crowded and the swimming at the beach just wasn't very nice - the water wasn't clear and the bottom was rocky. We had to keep fending people away from our beach chairs.:eek: The next time we walked down to Jack's Shack and had a wonderful time. Much better swimming and much less crowded. The most we've done since at Margaritaville is a photo with the bird.:p

Sailing out of Baltimore is easy from NY. The first time we drove down to South Jersey to spend the night, then arrived at the port the next morning. The second time we went down a couple of days early to go to an Orioles game and to tour the Inner Harbor.

Everyone has a preference between Jacks Shack and Margaritaville. Jacks will be much more laid back with less people because you're much further down the beach. Plus would you rather swim in a fresh water pool or the beach. After the pools onboard and the beach.....that fresh water Margaritaville Pool was very relaxing

Brianna I love Grand Turk also...if you have never rented a golfcart and toured the island on your own you are missing out! The island is extremely safe and very small, and beautiful! I challenge you to take an adventure next time and venture away from the pool :p I never wait in those crazy lines!! I like to sit and either people watch or scenery watch until the line gets close to the end...In Grand Turk you can sit on the benches at the beginning of the long dock and still watch the line... :D

Enjoying your review and pics!

Can you tell me if there is wheelchair assistance available in Grand Turk to get down the long dock? We've been there before but I just don't remember. My 84 year old sister will be with us in Oct. and no way will she be able to walk all the way. She'll be fine once she gets to the end of the dock, just will need someone to push her from the ship to the end of the dock and back again later.

Thank You. No there wasn't wheelchair assistance in Grand Turk but I'm sure if you ask at Guest Services the day before you arrive in Grand Turk and explain your situation they will try to assist you the best they can. You then may have to arrange a time of when you would want to head back to the ship.

This is what I would do. It doesn't hurt to ask. But be sure to explain your situation clearly at Guest Services. Will you have your own wheelchair??

Margaritaville pool also has a zero entry sloped entrance to the pool at one end. Great for people who can't do steps.

Yes you're so right. The zero entry area is by the cabanas. It is so nice that they take everything into account with that pool so that all guests are able to enjoy it

Who is excited for College Football to begin tomorrow with the first College Football Saturday of the Season????

Go Irish!!!! I am a big Notre Dame fan so who are you rooting for??

#Play Like A Champion Today

Edited by wrigley80

who is excited for college football to begin tomorrow with the first college football saturday of the season????

Go irish!!!! I am a big notre dame fan so who are you rooting for??

#play like a champion today

sec!!!!sec!!!!sec!!!!sec!!!!sec!!!!sec!!!!