Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Nope. Our itinerary stops at Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport and then back to Baltimore.

Now, here's something interesting that happens only on this cruise. We did the Chef's table on our last cruise on the Pride and got a tour of the kitchen with an insight on their supply orders. What happens is they take on food in Port Canaveral, not Baltimore. So when they do this itinerary for a stretch, the supply order is done to reflect the last 1/2 of the previous cruise, and the first 1/2 of the next cruise. I'm not sure what happens when they switch off to your itinerary of Freeport, HMC and Grand Turks.

Yes, we will do Chef's table again. It was amazing.

A lot of the food comes on in Port Canaveral instead of Baltimore because the taxes are lower in Florida (at least that's what we've been told in the past).

OK now back to some more photos of Half Moon Cay.....

Once my dad got in the water with me for a while....we lounged around and before long they decided to head over to the Island BBQ for lunch. I stayed with our chairs....I am sure that no one would bother our stuff but it is better to be safe than sorry. So I asked my mom if she would just bring me back some lunch

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014354_zpsaffbabdc.jpg

Does anyone know what these are???

These are called sea grapes an you normally find them in the beach areas in the islands. They normally turn a redish/mauvish colour when they are ripe and they are quite delicious.

These are called sea grapes an you normally find them in the beach areas in the islands. They normally turn a redish/mauvish colour when they are ripe and they are quite delicious.

Thank You. I would like to try them when they are more ripe. Are they sweet like grapes when they are fresh???

Thank You. I would like to try them when they are more ripe. Are they sweet like grapes when they are fresh???

Yes they are. They are not quite as "fleshy" as "regular" grapes though and have quite a big seed but when ripe they are quite delicious.

You normally get your first batch in September or so depending on the island and the season runs until about December/January. So you can look out for some on your December cruise.:)

Edited by Bajan Keith

Yes they are. They are not quite as "fleshy" as "regular" grapes though and have quite a big seed but when ripe they are quite delicious.

You normally get your first batch in September or so depending on the island and the season runs until about December/January. So you can look out for some o n your December cruise.:)

Thank you. In December we go to Cozumel, Belize, and Isla Roatan so well see what I can find then. Thanks Again

Enjoy you trip back to Grand Turk....it is definitely one of those places that you can't stay away from.

I have a Nikon S10 underwater camera. I got it as a gift about 2 years ago. You can find the same model today for about $79.00. I used to always get the disposable underwater camera from Kodak before we left on our cruise and they were $10.00 or more. For just a little more than that you can have a nice underwater digital camera. It is run on 2 AA batteries and they last quite a while....I always use the Lithium batteries. It is nice with having a digital camera in the water because you can just keep taking pictures and if you don't like some then just delete them later.

I would make the investment in an underwater camera. There are other models out there as well.

Last December on our cruise on the Sunshine a friend of mine brought me a LSU shirt (she is from Addis, LA) so I wear that when Notre Dame isn't playing :p

Your friend in Addis does not live too far from where I live(About 45 minutes to an hour away.).

Will look at the Nikon S 10. Also have been looking at Fuji.

I'm already trying to plan my next trip back to Grand Turk. Maybe 2016. 2015 if I can squeeze it in before or after the Magic cruise.

Your friend in Addis does not live too far from where I live(About 45 minutes to an hour away.).

Will look at the Nikon S 10. Also have been looking at Fuji.

I'm already trying to plan my next trip back to Grand Turk. Maybe 2016. 2015 if I can squeeze it in before or after the Magic cruise.

She is on the cruise with me in December. We are both flower girls in our friends wedding in December.

Fuji is also a good brand for a point and shoot underwater camera. Come back and let me know what you decided to purchase for an underwater camera

I'm thinking this photo may have to be my new screen saver.....it is pretty great. Well done Mom!!!!! I may just be going back to Half Moon Cay in May with someone I know ;-)

I don't think there could be a bad picture of a cruise ship dock at Half Moon Cay.....it has to be one of the most beautiful places.....also love your reviews...I see you are going on the Dream in Dec. ......hopefully you'll do another review for that...I will be on the Dream in Feb. 2015...can't wait...again love your reviews and thank you for taking the time to post them

OK now back to the review....our Final Port of Call would be Freeport, Bahamas (which is everyone's favorite port) :rolleyes:

We weren't in Freeport very long...in port from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm. So we decided to sleep in today because we didn't really have anything planned for today so we went to breakfast today in the MDR

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014383_zps4c78d5ab.jpg

Menu at breakfast. I prefer the traditional dining room breakfast rather than the Sea Day Brunch

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014384_zps20351500.jpg

It was a quiet morning in the dining room. We were one of the last people to come in before they closed the dining room for breakfast.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014385_zps3f8b7e41.jpg

My yummy breakfast

I don't think there could be a bad picture of a cruise ship dock at Half Moon Cay.....it has to be one of the most beautiful places.....also love your reviews...I see you are going on the Dream in Dec. ......hopefully you'll do another review for that...I will be on the Dream in Feb. 2015...can't wait...again love your reviews and thank you for taking the time to post them

I think you're absolutely right. Yes I will be doing another photo review for our cruise on the Dream (I actually already have a photo review here on CC from our repositioning cruise on the Dream in April). Our cruise on the Dream in December will be a really fun one because it is our reunion cruise with friends. I am even in a wedding for 2 of our friends. They are getting married on embarkation day.

Thank You for continuing to follow my review. I'm happy that you are enjoying it

Well once we finished with breakfast we headed back to the cabin to get our sunglasses and things that we would need for our day in Freeport. Now when it is just my dad and I cruising we don't normally get off the ship when we are docked in Freeport but since my mom was with us we got off and just looking around and shopped in the port area. We didn't get off the ship until 10:30 am and we had to be back onboard by 1:30 pm so there wasn't a lot of time to do anything. We wanted to pick up some souvenirs for family back home and we wanted to hit up Senor Frogs and Fat Tuesdays while we were in Freeport

Who is excited for College Football to begin tomorrow with the first College Football Saturday of the Season????

Go Irish!!!! I am a big Notre Dame fan so who are you rooting for??

#Play Like A Champion Today

Your Irish are going down this week one last time! #GOBLUE

"Those who stay will be champions!"

Ooooo we will see about that on Saturday. The maize and blue don't stand a chance...haha.

I can't believe this rivalry is ending...

I am sad to see it "end" as well. I do think that the very first bowl game that has the opportunity to pair them up again will certainly do so! (There are not many schools that draw better than ND & MICH) So they will certainly play again, it may just take a few years. I do really hope that both schools can agree to a home and home series with each other again sometime in the future, but I def think this is the last time we will see it on the schedule yearly.

Thank You so much. I would have to say that Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay are in my top three favorite ports (I still LOVE Key West). Yes my mom really enjoyed the cruise.

Brianna, I have loved your review!! Key West is one of our favorite places too! Not enough cruises go there and they sure don't stay long enough. We did a road trip there in Sept. 12 and stayed the whole week. It was great!

I have never been to Grand Turk (going in Dec.) or Half Moon Cay. Your pictures make me want to go there though. I see you are going on the Dream in Dec. My husband and I went on the same itinenary this past Feb. on the Dream out of Port Caniveral. That was probably the best cruise we have ever been on. We loved Isla Roatan!! If you haven't been there, it is beautiful there!! I know you will have a ball on that cruise!!

Well once we finished with breakfast we headed back to the cabin to get our sunglasses and things that we would need for our day in Freeport. Now when it is just my dad and I cruising we don't normally get off the ship when we are docked in Freeport but since my mom was with us we got off and just looking around and shopped in the port area. We didn't get off the ship until 10:30 am and we had to be back onboard by 1:30 pm so there wasn't a lot of time to do anything. We wanted to pick up some souvenirs for family back home and we wanted to hit up Senor Frogs and Fat Tuesdays while we were in Freeport

What is fat Tuesdays?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yeah I cruise every December with the same group of people and we are looking at the Carnival Fascination for our December 2015 cruise with a port of call stop in Half Moon Cay. We have about 18 of us who go every year....the Grand Villa would be great.

You should absolutely rent the Oasis if you can -- runs about $125 per person for that size group (we use the extra for tip) and is worth EVERY penny. They pamper you! Open bar, they cook your food (same as buffet) to order right there... hot tub, private bathroom... our group has it next June on the Fantasy and I can't wait!

Really enjoying your review -- I'm counting down to my first trip on the Pride.

Love your reviews and pictures. When we were in Grand Turk a couple of years ago we rented a golf cart from a Mr. Smith (had to walk outside the gate as it was not Carnival affiliated) for the day. I believe it was $20.00 per person. He gave us a map of the roads - Grand Turk is such a small island and limited traffic. It was one of the best and most fun excursions we have ever done. We were able to see the whole island, stop, eat, shop and beachtime.

Edited by maeglena

I am sad to see it "end" as well. I do think that the very first bowl game that has the opportunity to pair them up again will certainly do so! (There are not many schools that draw better than ND & MICH) So they will certainly play again, it may just take a few years. I do really hope that both schools can agree to a home and home series with each other again sometime in the future, but I def think this is the last time we will see it on the schedule yearly.

Bowl Games are all about the money. Notre Dame and Michigan both have huge fan bases so it will be interesting to see what happens down the line. Did you happen to see that Notre Dame announced a home and home series with Ohio State in 2022 and 2023. Definitely a little ways down the road but that will be fun as well :)

It will most definitely be a fun game to watch on Saturday night. Good Luck to your Wolveries :rolleyes: :p

You should absolutely rent the Oasis if you can -- runs about $125 per person for that size group (we use the extra for tip) and is worth EVERY penny. They pamper you! Open bar, they cook your food (same as buffet) to order right there... hot tub, private bathroom... our group has it next June on the Fantasy and I can't wait!

Really enjoying your review -- I'm counting down to my first trip on the Pride.

OOOO you had me at Open Bar :p You really have an open bar for the day....my group would love that. Thanks for the tip. When we all cruise together on the Dream in December I am going to bring up renting the Grand Villa.

Thanks for the tip