Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Just finished reading your review, and I'm dying to know about what you learned on your last day at sea!! We're sailing the Pride to the same ports on the 21st of September (13 days from now!), for our very first cruise and couldn't be more excited! I'm wondering, if when you get to Half Moon Cay can you rent snorkel gear there and snorkel on your own? How about floats for the water? I'm still trying to figure out what in the world to do in Freeport, it doesn't seem like a great port to me...but since it's our first cruise I definitely plan to get off the ship! I've learned so much about the Pride and taken great notes from your review! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this :D

Brianna,

Thanks for another great review! I have read all your reviews, and I love your writing style. And I love how much fun you all have!

We're on the Pride in May on the same itinerary,so this has been great to read. Thanks for all the info on the locations of the new 2.0 upgrades! Did you by chance hear where the Alchemy Bar will be located? And I agree with you, once you go 2.0, it's tough to go back. :)

Looking forward to the rest!

Thank You so much for checking out my review. Happy to hear that you have enjoyed it. And of course we are going to have fun....we are on a cruise :D

You will love the Pride. I would love to cruise this ship again after the 2.0 upgrades. Josh never said where the Alchemy Bar is going to be. We have only been on one ship with the 2.0 upgrades and that was on the Carnival Sunshine last December. I have already told my dad that whatever cruise we do for our Spring 2015 vacation that it has to be one with the 2.0 upgrades :)

Thanks Again and I hope you enjoy the final installment of the review

Just finished reading your review, and I'm dying to know about what you learned on your last day at sea!! We're sailing the Pride to the same ports on the 21st of September (13 days from now!), for our very first cruise and couldn't be more excited! I'm wondering, if when you get to Half Moon Cay can you rent snorkel gear there and snorkel on your own? How about floats for the water? I'm still trying to figure out what in the world to do in Freeport, it doesn't seem like a great port to me...but since it's our first cruise I definitely plan to get off the ship! I've learned so much about the Pride and taken great notes from your review! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this :D

Oh you will find out soon. Oh you picked a great ship for your very first cruise....it won't be your last. Cruising is very addictive :p I love to see the look on the faces of first time cruisers as soon as they step onboard. Make sure you have your camera ready. I don't care if its your first cruise or your 17th cruise....that first look at the Atrium is still amazing.

Yes you can rent Snorkel gear there. I believe it is $16.00 for the day and it will go on your sail and sign card. There isn't a big snorkel area because so many people are in the water....you will see fish. Here's a tip for ya.....if you want to attract the fish to you in the water bring a box of fruit loops with you. The fishies love fruit loops...or at least that's what I have been told ;)

You can also rent floats from the rental hut on the beach (same place where you can snorkel gear). The floats were $15.00 for the day.

With it being your cruise you should definitely get off in Freeport. Take a taxi to the beach or just stay in the port area to eat, drink, and shop.

Thanks Again. Happy that I could help answer some questions for ya about your cruise. Enjoy your first cruise :)

Hello I'm back and ready to start our final day at sea :( This is never a fun day. Now everyone has been wondering what was so surprising to me on our final day at sea that we had never experienced onboard before. I have made you wait and wonder long enough....

CarnivalPride-July272014378_zpsc0f62989.jpg

We woke up the last morning to a big, nasty Thunderstorm. Now we have never been onboard a ship before during a thunderstorm. And it was severe thunder and lightning :eek:

CarnivalPride-July272014379_zps58933008.jpg

The seas were ANGRY

CarnivalPride-July272014380_zps553856d1.jpg

The skies were black

CarnivalPride-July272014382_zpsb067dc24.jpg

Taken from our cabin while I was getting ready

Thank you so much for answering my questions! :) You seem like such a sweet person! I think we've decided to take a taxi to Lucaya and walk around the marketplace and maybe rent a scooter or something. I am just TERRIFIED of being left behind...my biggest fear, next to the ship sinking, of course. (Ok, ok, I've seen too many movies)

Thanks again, I look forward to the rest of your review, and hope you have a great time on your cruise in the coming months :)

Who thought it was going to be a Thunderstorm.....

Now I know that thunderstorms happen all the time at sea but my dad and I always say wouldn't it be fun to see a thunderstorm at sea. Well now we were able to see it in person.

CarnivalPride-July272014385_zps7bf461d4.jpg

I love thunderstorms so I could watch it rain for hours

Once my dad and I were dressed we headed up to the MDR for breakfast. As usual my mom stayed back and just went up to the Lido for breakfast.

CarnivalPride-July272014383_zpsdc98ed0e.jpg

As I was leaving our cabin I was able to get a photo of our room stewards together....Vincent and Leo

CarnivalPride-July272014384_zps60616485.jpg

Here is a great story about this guy, Darwanta. When I sat down for breakfast he was across the table from me and he said to me "You look really familiar. Were you on the Carnival Dream in April???" To which I replied "Yes we were on the Dream for the repositioning cruise in April"

He remembered me by name. My dad hadn't arrived to the table yet (he was talking to the hostess). Darwanta said to me, "Is your dad with you this cruise?? Where is Mr. Rick???" I told him he was coming in behind me.

It is reasons like this and guys like him why we only cruise with Carnival. Now I'm sure stuff like this happens on other cruise lines but to remember you by name when they see 3,000+ passengers every week.....that is pretty AWESOME. This isn't the first time this has happened....it has happened on 3 other occasions where waiters or bartenders remember my dad and I.

CarnivalPride-July272014386_zpsacb85c26.jpg

We had a window seat at breakfast

CarnivalPride-July272014387_zps2c156f7c.jpg

No sure why we always wait until the last day but we used our free drink coupons in the MDR this morning

CarnivalPride-July272014388_zps365da607.jpg

It wouldn't be breakfast without a little dessert. I love the Caramel Cheesecake during the Sea Day Brunch

Thank you so much for answering my questions! :) You seem like such a sweet person! I think we've decided to take a taxi to Lucaya and walk around the marketplace and maybe rent a scooter or something. I am just TERRIFIED of being left behind...my biggest fear, next to the ship sinking, of course. (Ok, ok, I've seen too many movies)

Thanks again, I look forward to the rest of your review, and hope you have a great time on your cruise in the coming months :)

Oh you're so welcome and so nice. I am kinda sweet :p :) ;) haha. Lucaya is a good place to spend a couple hours. I wouldn't rent a scooter in Freeport though....they are crazy drivers there. You don't want to take the risk of getting injured.

If you have any more questions of what to expect don't hesitate to ask

Now after breakfast we decided to head out to the Serenity Area. I know kind of an odd area to head to if its raining out but remember when I said I love watching thunderstorms....this would be a perfect place to watch the rain come down

CarnivalPride-July272014389_zps6158cbfc.jpg

I wouldn't have any trouble finding a chair today :)

CarnivalPride-July272014390_zps72ce420f.jpg

Or a spot in the Hot Tub :p

CarnivalPride-July272014391_zps8e8a2bb9.jpg

Dad decided to take a little nap :D

So once we left the Serenity area we decided to walk around the ship for a bit to explore some more on our final day at sea

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014430_zpsba9b51c4.jpg

Camp Carnival

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014432_zps70fd7c6c.jpg

Whirlpool in the Spa

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014433_zps1e303149.jpg

Maintenance Staff were replacing tiles on an empty Lido Deck. You don't see that too often on a sea day

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014434_zpsa46250d3.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014435_zpsf2fe9534.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014438_zps1246b379.jpg

The rain had now stopped and we were cruising into some clear, sunny skies ahead

We walked through the Lido area and noticed that the Chocolate Buffet was getting ready to open so I got a few pictures of the fruit and other items wile we waited

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014440_zps6d5ceb4f.jpg

I just love it when they cut the oranges like that....I am still trying to get my mom to cut them at home for me like that

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014441_zps2f0d18d8.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014442_zpsf54313d8.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014443_zps4f0d8906.jpg

Oh sooooo yummy

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014444_zps46029583.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014400_zpsd91e72cc.jpg

It's always a long way to the other end

CarnivalPride-July272014401_zpsc905f86b.jpg

No mail today....

After I left the cabin I headed up to the Fun shops to see if there were any more t-shirts that I just couldn't live without....and of course there were a couple. My entire closet at home consists of Carnival shirts, Margaritaville shirts, Ron Jon Surf Shop shirts, and many others. I love my t-shirts :p

As I left the Fun Shops I noticed they had all the towel animals on display inside

CarnivalPride-July272014402_zpse3cc6de7.jpg

Which one is your favorite??

CarnivalPride-July272014405_zps5aed6e10.jpg

The artwork in the balcony of the Taj Mahal theater

CarnivalPride-July272014406_zps83aa7116.jpg

During the shows we never sit up in the balcony so it was neat to see he balcony from this angle

Anyone who has checked out any of my reviews in the past will know that the next picture is a tradition....I have to take this picture on every cruise

CarnivalPride-July272014413_zps31e954c3.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014412_zpsbb82dc13.jpg

Notice how much calmer the waters are now that the thunderstorm had passed. It was calm all the way back to Baltimore

CarnivalPride-July272014414_zps66f9c28c.jpg

Anyone have a sweet tooth????

CarnivalPride-July272014415_zps02a0cc92.jpg

The Coffee Shop onboard was right next to the Starry Nights Lounge

I'm surprised they didn't take the cushions off in Serenity during the rain storm. :confused: Oh, I don't want your cruise to end! Funny because we are always on the upper decks on spirit class ships (aft 8) and you can't see from one end to the other because they have all the twists and turns! :p

Wait, they serve fruit at the chocolate buffet? :eek::D I must admit I don't go looking for fruit when there are all those yummy chocolate desserts. :)

Great storm pics. Have you ever seen lightning at night when there is a storm off in the distance? I think we've seen this on almost all of our cruises and it's worth seeing.

Heather

Edited by SenatorsFan

CarnivalPride-July272014416_zps35ff93c7.jpg

Ivory Piano Bar

CarnivalPride-July272014417_zps09455667.jpg

Anyone want to sing for me??

CarnivalPride-July272014418_zps391142cd.jpg

Oh crap....I am back in the Fun Shops. Thankfully this time there weren't any new shirts out ;)

CarnivalPride-July272014419_zps8a3c435f.jpg

I thought this was pretty cool. It was a gift from the Masa Shipyards where the Pride was built back in 2001. This is right by the Shore Excursions desk

I'm surprised they didn't take the cushions off in Serenity during the rain storm. :confused: Oh, I don't want your cruise to end! Funny because we are always on the upper decks on spirit class ships (aft 8) and you can't see from one end to the other because they have all the twists and turns! :p

Yeah I was surprised with the cushions being out. I think it was because the storm came up so fast that morning....no one had time to get them off. Plus the lightning was so severe.

Ya know what....I don't want the cruise to end either :p ;) :) I am already for the next one. I asked my dad just yesterday if I can bring the suitcases up from the basement. He told me "no"...haha

Wait, they serve fruit at the chocolate buffet? :eek::D I must admit I don't go looking for fruit when there are all those yummy chocolate desserts. :)

Great storm pics. Have you ever seen lightning at night when there is a storm off in the distance? I think we've seen this on almost all of our cruises and it's worth seeing.

Heather

I know who would have thunk it....Fruit at a Chocolate buffet. :p I have to have my daily orange.

No we have never seen lightning at night but I would love to. I wouldn't be able to snap my camera fast enough to try and get photos :)