Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

I know who would have thunk it....Fruit at a Chocolate buffet. :p I have to have my daily orange.

No we have never seen lightning at night but I would love to. I wouldn't be able to snap my camera fast enough to try and get photos :)

I've never taken pictures. I just sit and enjoy it. :)

Heather

So after seeing the huge change in the weather we decided that we would head into dinner in the Normandie Dining Room.

CarnivalPride-July272014420_zps78eb0298.jpg

Our head waitress, Divina, we had your time dining but we sat in her section every night. She was wonderful.

CarnivalPride-July272014421_zpsdffea10c.jpg

We were sad to say goodbye. But as I found out earlier in the day....you never know when I may her onboard another ship again. :)

We said our goodbyes to our dining room staff and our new friends from Ohio and we headed back to the cabin to start packing. I hate this part of the trip.....it is always a lot more fun to pack when you are getting ready to leave on vacation.

CarnivalPride-July272014422_zps6cafc276.jpg

One final towel animal was waiting for us when we arrived.

So there you have it my friends....another WRIGLEY80 review is complete. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed putting it together for everyone to enjoy.

The Carnival Pride is a wonderful ship. I would definitely cruise on that ship again. Can't wait to see pics after the 2.0 transformation. We love the layout of the Spirit class ships. It is so easy to find your way around.

I would say that I did a pretty good job of getting everything planned out in advance of this cruise so that we knew what we wanted to do when we arrived at each port and in the homeport of Baltimore. This was our first time booking a cruise on only 3 weeks notice. Would I do it again.....ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

Our next cruise is on December 7, 2014 on the Carnival Dream out of New Orleans. This cruise is going to be a blast. This is our REUNION CRUISE with our Krewe. We can't wait to see everyone. I am the flower girl for our friends wedding on embarkation day on the Dream. HAHA....flower girl....that ought to be a funny photo. That photo review of the Dream in December will be EPIC so be sure to check back in mid to late December for the next WRIGLEY80 review.

THANKS AGAIN everyone.....BON VOYAGE

Edited by wrigley80

So there you have it my friends....another WRIGLEY80 review is complete. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed putting it together for everyone to enjoy.

The Carnival Pride is a wonderful ship. I would definitely cruise on that ship again. Can't wait to see pics after the 2.0 transformation. We love the layout of the Spirit class ships. It is so easy to find your way around.

I would say that I did a pretty good job of getting everything planned out in advance of this cruise so that we knew what we wanted to do when we arrived at each port and in the homeport of Baltimore. This was our first time booking a cruise on only 3 weeks notice. Would I do it again.....ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

Our next cruise is on December 7, 2014 on the Carnival Dream out of New Orleans. This cruise is going to be a blast. This is our REUNION CRUISE with our Krewe. We can't wait to see everyone. I am the flower girl for our friends wedding on embarkation day on the Dream. HAHA....flower girl....that ought to be a funny photo. That photo review of the Dream in December will be EPIC so be sure to check back in mid to late December for the next WRIGLEY80 review.

THANKS AGAIN everyone.....BON VOYAGE

Thank you for sharing my poor misguided sports friend!!!! In all honestly and sarcasm aside. I love your reviews. I feel like i know you and your dad and now your mom. Can't wait until Decembers review. Will we see mom in future reviews? I know you said she wont be on the dream. Has she changed her opinion of cruising now?

Thank you for another Brianna review! Wonderful as always. I can't wait to spend Thanksgiving on the Pride. Maybe I will do my first review post 2.0 upgrades.

Pat

Thank You Pat. So happy that you enjoyed my review. I really hope you decided to do a 2.0 upgrade photo review....I would LOVE to see it

Thank you for sharing my poor misguided sports friend!!!! In all honestly and sarcasm aside. I love your reviews. I feel like i know you and your dad and now your mom. Can't wait until Decembers review. Will we see mom in future reviews? I know you said she wont be on the dream. Has she changed her opinion of cruising now?

HAHA you are just too funny :D

Thank You so much for checking out my reviews. They are a lot of work but they are fun to put together when you know that people like yourself are enjoying them.

Yes I am sure my mom will be going on another cruise. I am already starting to think what we should do for our cruise in the Spring. Yeah she will definitely cruise again.

I never knew about the caramel cheesecake at brunch. It looks wonderful. I might just have to try that one of these days!

We had rain on our last sea day on the Pride too. We were wiped out anyway, so we took a nap. Oh and we did the behind the fun tour in the morning, so all was not lost. It rained our last sea day on the Liberty too. I hate that when it rains the last sea day, I want to stay out on deck in the sun!

Thanks for doing the review. I know that it takes a lot of time and effort to get it together.

Until next time....:)

I never knew about the caramel cheesecake at brunch. It looks wonderful. I might just have to try that one of these days!

We had rain on our last sea day on the Pride too. We were wiped out anyway, so we took a nap. Oh and we did the behind the fun tour in the morning, so all was not lost. It rained our last sea day on the Liberty too. I hate that when it rains the last sea day, I want to stay out on deck in the sun!

Thanks for doing the review. I know that it takes a lot of time and effort to get it together.

Until next time....:)

Oh the cheesecake is sooooo yummy. They also have banana cream pie if that is more your thing....oh what the heck you can try both :p

Thanks Again for following my review. Glad you enjoyed it

Brianna, I just put your Dream cruise in the search and read it all. Missed the lst 6 days and don't know what happened in the MDR the lst night, but I will echo others in that review who have expressed good wishes for your Dad's health. Good to see that he was able to go on this cruise with you and I hope there are many more in the future. ;)Oh, and I am a HUGE Yankee fan. :eek::D I cried buckets during Sunday's ceremony for Jeter...enjoy planning your next adventure and I will look forward to reading your review afterwards! And thanks to you, my fingers are itching to book a cruise on the Pride! :cool: HAPPY SAILING! :)

Brianna, I just put your Dream cruise in the search and read it all. Missed the lst 6 days and don't know what happened in the MDR the lst night, but I will echo others in that review who have expressed good wishes for your Dad's health. Good to see that he was able to go on this cruise with you and I hope there are many more in the future. ;)Oh, and I am a HUGE Yankee fan. :eek::D I cried buckets during Sunday's ceremony for Jeter...enjoy planning your next adventure and I will look forward to reading your review afterwards! And thanks to you, my fingers are itching to book a cruise on the Pride! :cool: HAPPY SAILING! :)

Oh that review of our cruise on the Dream was a pain. I was about two thirds finished with it and photobucket decided that they needed a system restore and I lost all my photos on there and on cruise critic. I was not a happy camper. After that issue I said I would never use photobucket again but I used it for this review. And everything was fine.

Yes my dad's health has really improved. He is feeling much better. Thank You for asking. He can't wait for December.

I am NOT a Yankees fan but as a fan of the game of baseball you have to be a Derek Jeter fan. He is truly a class act for baseball and he will be missed much like Mariano Rivera

I think I'm almost as sad as you were to see your trip end. I saw the Pride in port on Sunday right before she sailed and couldn't wait to get home and look at your pictures again. Hope to see you on a ship one day in the future. In the meanwhile, I'll be looking forward to your next trip report. Thanks again for a great report and amazing pictures !!

That was a great review...after reading this I can't wait for Grand Turk and half moon cay when I cruise the freedom in a little over a month. I'm taking my Mom along with me and 2 of my daughters ages 10 and 13 for a girls getaway:) We are not frequent cruisers (I haven't cruised in 12 years!!) and these reviews give good insight to help us plan so thank you for taking the time to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Brianna, for another GREAT review! The Pride holds a special place in our hearts, as it was the last ship my son Kevin sailed on. Thanks for bringing back such beautiful memories!!

Family cruising is such a special thing. Enjoy every second that you have together, creating those special memories.

Looking forward to reading, and seeing, your next adventure on the Dream. God Bless.

• Like 1

As I was out swimming in the water I looked up and noticed that my mom and dad were back from their tour. So I got out of the water to see how their tour was. They said they enjoyed it and it was worth it for the $20.00 price. It was starting to get hot out so my dad was ready to get in the water

CarnivalPride-July272014097_zpsb38c93a3.jpg

There's my Momma

CarnivalPride-July272014100_zpsfa87a0a6.jpg

My dad wore my tank top while in Half Moon Cay so that he didn't get burned

CarnivalPride-July272014098_zpsf11da721.jpg

I wore a t-shirt too. Notice my arms...I got absolutely FRIED in Grand Turk :eek: SPF 30 is no match for the Caribbean sun :p

CarnivalPride-July272014102_zps55af9114.jpg

This is the inner tube that I brought with us from the dollar tube. It worked perfect for what we wanted it for. And when we ready to leave for the day...I gave it to a young kid

I have been bringing a floatie tube on cruises for years. I even use it in the pool if its not crowded because I don't like my hands in the water all the time.

Brianna,

I need to be busy doing other things but just stopped in to check email and then...shame on me...just a quick little minute on CC and saw your review at the top of the page, a dead giveaway for updates. I can't believe it's over already!!! As always, I really, really enjoyed reading this one too. We really need to book a cruise on Pride since we're only an hour and a half to two hours from Baltimore. We've been on Conquest class ships lately (Glory, Valor and Liberty) and we do like them a lot, but we've also been on Miracle in 2006 and I loved the layout of her and she is one of Pride's sister, Spirit class, ships. I know there are currently two itineraries but the one I'd really like to do is the Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport one. I've never been to Freeport and although it isn't a favorite of many, I'd be happy to be able to go and would find something fun, probably a nice beach for a few hours then "Fat Tuesday's". We've been in the one in New Orleans (pre-Katrina, 1996) and were just in the one in Cozumel. Love those drinks. We got an "Attitube" the last time and still have the souvenir glasses with drunkenness levels on the back, hilarious.

So sad that your review has ended but at least you've got the Dream booked. Even though it's a few months away, I will look forward to it. My DH finally got another job about a month and a half ago after being laid off for almost a year, so I don't think we'll get to go on any cruises any time soon...bummer. Yes, we went on Liberty while he was off work but we don't live beyond our means and we've tried to save for years, for situations such as that, and will continue to do so. Well, we decided to just go ahead and book the cruise because it had been a long, cold, snowy, not to mention stressful and frustrating winter. We figured that we may not be able to vacation for a while once he got a job and no one ever knows what else the future will throw at ya, so we booked between 4 and 5 weeks out (you beat us with 3 weeks) and got a good deal. Some family/friends thought we were totally insane while others said they'd have done the same thing. With his job now, we'd only be able to go within a small window of time each month and he's got a year to really accumulate any vacation time. I'm hoping by 2016 we can start thinking cruise again. At least I have some good reviews, like yours, to read here on CC. :) Thank you again for sharing your wonderful vacation and beautiful pictures.

Edited by pghsteelerfan
grammar

Thanks Brianne for another brilliant review. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into your reviews. I know it takes a lot of your time but also know you enjoy it and that enjoyment comes through in your review.:)

Sorry about the typo, Brianna:eek:

I think I'm almost as sad as you were to see your trip end. I saw the Pride in port on Sunday right before she sailed and couldn't wait to get home and look at your pictures again. Hope to see you on a ship one day in the future. In the meanwhile, I'll be looking forward to your next trip report. Thanks again for a great report and amazing pictures !!

Haha well good at least I'm not alone....sad to see it end.

Would love to cruise with you in the future. Our cruise in December on the Dream is going to be so much fun. The people that we cruise with are like family.

Btw I love your screen name. I'm guessing you're a fan of the Delaware Blue Hens. That was a trivia question once onboard....What is the mascot at the University of Delaware??? I knew the answer