Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Great review! I always reference your reviews for friends who have never cruised! Your moms pic of the ship in HMC!!!!! I will have to check it out now. What is the name of the digital camera that you used underwater I think it was in grand turk. I lost mine since coming back from my last cruise. I will be on the pride repo, can't wait. your review gave me the before so I will now see the after! I live in tampa so i plan on stalking the port during the upgrade to see if i can get any inside pics, the port is about 5 minutes from me. Again thank you, looking forward to the next:)

Thank You. Yeah I've gotta give my mom credit....that photo is amazing. For my underwater camera I have a Nikon S10 point and shoot. It is like $79.00 now. It was just in the Target flier last Sunday.

Enjoy your cruise on the Carnival Pride repo cruise. I'm sure that'll be a great cruise. I am soooooo jealous of people that live near a port. I'd want to cruise every week....it probably wouldn't be a good thing if I lived in Florida....haha

Thanks Again for checking out my review.

Brianna,

Thank you so much for your review. I am booking the Pride for March 2016 for a 14 day Eastern Caribbean cruise with 8 ports. I asked on CC for pictures & I was directed to come here to read your review. I have only been on 1 cruise before so I am a newby. I really enjoyed your review & pictures. They were so helpful for someone new to cruising & to Carnival.

Brianna,

Thank you so much for your review. I am booking the Pride for March 2016 for a 14 day Eastern Caribbean cruise with 8 ports. I asked on CC for pictures & I was directed to come here to read your review. I have only been on 1 cruise before so I am a newby. I really enjoyed your review & pictures. They were so helpful for someone new to cruising & to Carnival.

Well thank you for reading my review. Sure happy that you enjoyed it. Oh you will love the Carnival Pride...it is a great ship. A 14-day cruise now that sounds fun but I would be exhausted with 8 ports of call

Thanks so much, Brianna, for another fun-to-read review! I enjoyed reading yours and Gambee's at the same time. You're my favorites. I may have to wait awhile for my next cruise. In the meantime, can't wait for your next cruise and review!

Thanks for checking out my review. We are down to 84 days until our next cruise. Hopefully you're able to cruise again soon

Brianna,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We will be on Pride in November and are very excited. Also, you'll be happy to know that your review was mentioned in several other threads about the Pride. You're becoming famous!!

Paul

Haha...thanks. You'll love the Pride. Will you be onboard after the 2.0 upgrades??

Yes, we will be there on the second week after it returns from dry dock. We sailed on Liberty last December and really liked the 2.0 upgrades. We originally were not sure if we wanted to sail on Pride because we've become rather "spoiled" will all the lunchtime options of other ships, but after we found out that Pride is getting the 2.0 upgrades, we decided to book it. It seems that the reviews of the ship have been mainly positive. I can only imagine they will get better after the upgrades.

You may have mentioned this in your review and I missed it, but did they have live music by the pool in the afternoons or was it a DJ?

Paul

Yes, we will be there on the second week after it returns from dry dock. We sailed on Liberty last December and really liked the 2.0 upgrades. We originally were not sure if we wanted to sail on Pride because we've become rather "spoiled" will all the lunchtime options of other ships, but after we found out that Pride is getting the 2.0 upgrades, we decided to book it. It seems that the reviews of the ship have been mainly positive. I can only imagine they will get better after the upgrades.

You may have mentioned this in your review and I missed it, but did they have live music by the pool in the afternoons or was it a DJ?

Paul

Yeah I'm sure the Pride will be fabulous after the upgrades. A guts burger makes everything better....haha.

There was a DJ on Lido by the pool. It was VERY loud. We didn't stay out there too long while the DJ was playing. I miss the live music

So GET THIS.... We are booked on the Legend Alaska cruise and I was looking up our cabin # specifically to see what anyone has said about it and GUESS WHAT?!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=94469

How funny is that?!

Is that the cabin you're in?? That was my first photo review. And yes that is pretty cool....haha

I know! I was surprised since I follow you on here I obviously immediately recognized the name. Where is that photo review? I don't see it linked in your sig. I'd love to see it!

I'll post the link to it. It'll be fun to go back and read it again...haha.

I know! I was surprised since I follow you on here I obviously immediately recognized the name. Where is that photo review? I don't see it linked in your sig. I'd love to see it!

Hey. I found my photo review from our cruise on the Legend but because of photobucket issues the photos are no longer there

Hey Brianna!! I have some questions for you that are not really related to this review...

I know you're from Northern Illinois. I'm from Central Illinois. What airport do you fly from? I'm looking at flying from Midway to our next cruise because southwest goes to MCO do you think that's the best way to go? I get free parking for the week and free transportation to midway because my sister lives like a mile away. Our local airport is more convenient because I don't have to drive to chicago, but more expensive. One more question. I know you have cruised out of Orlando because I read your review. What was the earliest flight you took? Just not sure what to look to plan.

Hey Brianna!! I have some questions for you that are not really related to this review...

I know you're from Northern Illinois. I'm from Central Illinois. What airport do you fly from? I'm looking at flying from Midway to our next cruise because southwest goes to MCO do you think that's the best way to go? I get free parking for the week and free transportation to midway because my sister lives like a mile away. Our local airport is more convenient because I don't have to drive to chicago, but more expensive. One more question. I know you have cruised out of Orlando because I read your review. What was the earliest flight you took? Just not sure what to look to plan.

When I am cruising out of Port Canaveral I fly out of Rockford (RFD). It is very convenient for us. We are only about 20 minutes from the airport. Plus there aren't any lines to check-in or for security. It is wonderful to fly out of Rockford. When you fly out Rockford you will fly into Orlando/Sanford Airport (SFB). It is about an hour drive from Sanford Airport to Port Canaveral. Shuttles don't go to Sanford airport so you would have to rent a car (which is no big deal for us. We would do this even if we flew into MCO). The parking at Rockford Airport is free for the week. There are 2 HUGE lots right at the airport.

If you choose to fly out of Rockford there is only one flight a day. If you choose to fly out Midway Airport then I would definitely choose the earliest flight of the day (or at least the earliest one of the day that is the most reasonable). The lines at Midway can be very long.

For our cruise in December to New Orleans we are flying out of O'Hare (because I hate Midway). Too far of a drive for us. O'Hare is about an hour drive for us.

I hope that answered your questions. If I were you I would fly out Rockford to Orlando/Sanford, FL. And be sure to fly out the day before your cruise....don't put undue stress on yourself trying to make it to the Cruise Port on the day of embarkation.

Here is Rockford Airports website http://www.flyrfd.com

Edited by wrigley80