Beach day in St. Kitts

FraudBroad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be in St Kitts also on 2/10 Contacted the Beach Club and there is no availability left. Chairs can be hit or miss to get one but I need four. We are not into lying in the hot sand and also need restroom facilities and someplace to eat. Any thoughts on Frigate bay?

Shipwreck has chairs and palapas on the beach. Restrooms and an outdoor shower to rinse off as well as a large shaded area around the bar/restaurant area.

Can you reserve your chairs/umbrella ahead of time? Do you know if they have a website?

Here's the info I received from Shipwreck today.

Two chairs and a shade are $10us.

Sorry we do not reserve chairs and umbrellas ahead of time.

We have snorkel gear available for rental ($10us) and we have stand up paddle boards further down the beach, there are also other water sports at the opposite end.

And finally a bucket of beer is $15us, for 6 local beers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think I am going to do the fortress tour in the AM, will I have time to go to Cockleshell beach?

Is it possible to do a tour in the AM and still do the beach? Is it best to hire a taxi to take you to the sites and then drop at the beach?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
There are several options for your beach day in St Kitts. On the upscale side would be Carambola Beach Club on South Friars. They have wifi, food and it is the close (15-20min) to the port. Further out is Cockleshell Beach with several options, Reggae Beach Bar & Grill has food, drinks & wifi. I have missed some other places but the options range from upscale to the beach bar/shack. The schedule for the port shows 3 ships in port that day(2/10/15) so you may want to reserve if possible.

How much is a cab ride from the port to Carambola?

How much is a cab ride from the port to Carambola?

I paid $16 for the 3 of us to carambola and our the taxi was there 5 hours later at the prearranged time to drive us back for the same amount

He stopped at the scenic Atlantic/Carib overlook also for a photo op and playtime with the monkeys

I tipped $3 going and $4 returning for all of us

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone taken a taxi/tour to the fortress then headed to Carambola? We dock at 10 and have reservations at the beach for chairs at 12. Is this timing ok? Is it best to arrange a tour in advance or just get one at port? (We were going to just do one at port)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Could someone tell me if any of the beaches have drop offs at the shore? I am a senior and would like to swim but would have difficulty getting back to shore if I have to take a big step up.

Are they all sandy or are water shoes needed for some?

Could someone tell me if any of the beaches have drop offs at the shore? I am a senior and would like to swim but would have difficulty getting back to shore if I have to take a big step up.

Are they all sandy or are water shoes needed for some?

When are you going? We plan to go here on our Breeze cruise in July. We're seniors and I totally understand what you mean - it's getting harder and harder to safely maneuver up a drop-off while you're continually sinking in the sand and being tugged at by waves. Never gave it a thought 10 years ago!

I'll report back as to what we find there.

• 4 weeks later...
When are you going? We plan to go here on our Breeze cruise in July. We're seniors and I totally understand what you mean - it's getting harder and harder to safely maneuver up a drop-off while you're continually sinking in the sand and being tugged at by waves. Never gave it a thought 10 years ago!

I'll report back as to what we find there.

We are going in July too so probably won't get your reply in time but thanks for offering.