Princess Upgraded & switched us to a cruise a day earlier

Katjoy

I suppose I could have pushed for more, but we'd booked our original balcony for a super reduced price right after the final payment deadline.

Besides when he called I was in the middle of a brisk 5 mile walk, so my mind just went into super duper excited mode :D

The Princess Rep I spoke to said they were specifically calling people to move over that resided near Seattle. Plus, he asked me how close we live to the Seattle Pier. I told him we live within 45 minutes to the pier.

After we agreed to the switch, my husband said bummer, we should have asked them for free parking. Not a biggy though, a friend is picking us up at our house & driving us.

My husband retired 1 1/2 years ago & we are super flexible with our schedule. ;)

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement. You all "ROCK"

Edited by Katjoy

My husband retired 1 1/2 years ago & we are super flexible with our schedule. ;)

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement. You all "ROCK"

I am waiting (impatiently!) for this type of flexibility. I'm hoping that, once I finally retire, we can take advantage of the type of offers that sometimes appear after final payment dates. It seems to me that not having to deal with working might open up a lot of options that aren't currently available to us.

:D An hour ago I received a call from Princess Cruise Line asking if we'd be willing to switch to a cruise leaving out of Seattle a day earlier.

First of all, I have to say I am beyond excited.

I was told our cruise on the Grand Princess leaving Seattle for Alaska (Tracy Arm) this Sunday August 24th is over booked. The Princess Rep said he was calling locals living near Seattle to make the switch.

He switched us to the Golden Princess (Glacier Bay) leaving Seattle tomorrow Saturday August 23rd.

On the Grand we booked a guarantee balcony. They had assigned us B733.

Now on the Golden Princess they upgraded us to a Mini Suite D724. :D

We've stayed in a Mini Suite previously on the Dolphin Deck & loved it.

For this cruise leaving tomorrow we will cruise through Glacier Bay. I am beyond happy about this because previously we've only cruised through Tracy Arm.

I love the Golden Princess, love Princess Cruise Line, & am in scramble mode to get packed a day earlier. ***So so so EXCITED for the upgrade & itinerary switch.

That's fabulous and only one day earlier. I think I'd be jumping for joy :D

OP you got my room! Congrats! We had booked that but they called us a couple days ago and asked if we would mind upgrading to a suite. Duh! No brainer.

Wow, congratulations!!!

:D That is super cool. I know we will enjoy this room. Wouldn't it be something if they move us to a suite & find out when we check in at the pier today.

Bon Voyage

Since they are happy with the change (cabin and itinerary) and undoubtedly don't have to deal with hotels and flights' date=' why should they try to press for more.[/quote']

The cruise they are changing to leaves the next day.

I would think Princess would be pretty anxious to have the

customer change.

Why not try for the best deal possible?

If you would have a good time on the replacement cruise, perhaps you would have

a better time with a $500 shipboard credit. Or a free cruise in the future, or...

It's just like an overbooked flight. Don't give up your seat for a bag of peanuts.

Edited by pablo222