Liquor questions, Miami

cruise questions

Hi,

I have searched the board and read mixed things about liquor/beer/wine laws in Miami on other sites. I will be in Miami on a Sunday morning, staying near the airport the night before. I am planning to take a cab to the port at some point on Sunday. My question is whether grocery stores sell beer/wine on Sunday mornings in Miami (or does one have to wait until noon or are beer/wine sales even legal on Sundays?) and are liquor stores open on Sundays at all? Any other restrictions about Sunday alcohol sales in Miami? Thanks!

You can purchase both booze and beer on Sunday in Dade County.

Frommers says:

Florida state law prohibits the sale of alcohol between 3am and 7am, unless the county chooses to change the operating hours later. For instance, Miami-Dade County liquor stores may operate 24 hours. Alcohol sales on Sundays vary by county; some, such as Palm Beach and Miami-Dade County, can start serving booze as early as 7am while other counties such as Monroe don't start popping corks until noon

Read more: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/florida/735207#sthash.SGQmDQfL.dpbs#ixzz3BLs9X0j4

Thanks for the information! I did see that information online, was just wondering if most of the Miami area is considered Miami-Dade county? Ie the area either near the airport or cruise terminal will be selling hard liquor on Sundays, per this information? Thanks again!

The area near the airport is the same as downtown Miami in terms of the laws.

I've bought wine in the morning. Never tried hard liquor but if that is what it says then it is fine.

Keith

Thanks, do you know if liquor is sold on Sundays or just beer/wine? I know liquor is not sold at groceries but are liquor stores open on Sundays?

Unless the rules vary city to city you can buy Liquor at Publix. I bought Vodka in Orlando last month.

Very few publix have a liquor store attached. Each county in Florida has different rules regarding the sale of alcohol. I would google a liquor store, like ABC (large chain)in Miami and call them. The counties are all over the place on Sundays, from 10 am to 1pm. I would think Miami would be early but who knows.