Switching TA after booking?

Is it possible to switch the travel agent after a cruise has been booked? I am currently booked on a cruise in Nov, 2015, and my current TA has billed my credit card for the final payment amount, which is not due for another year. When I questioned this, I was told that Celebrity would reverse the charge. Well, they did, but for an amount $430 less that what was originally charged. I am now awaiting an answer from the TA about that discrepancy.

It seems that it was a lot easier to get things done in years past. And yes, I have dealt with this TA for many years. I'm thinking maybe too long.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Stan

Is it possible to switch the travel agent after a cruise has been booked? I am currently booked on a cruise in Nov, 2015, and my current TA has billed my credit card for the final payment amount, which is not due for another year. When I questioned this, I was told that Celebrity would reverse the charge. Well, they did, but for an amount $430 less that what was originally charged. I am now awaiting an answer from the TA about that discrepancy.

It seems that it was a lot easier to get things done in years past. And yes, I have dealt with this TA for many years. I'm thinking maybe too long.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Stan

Technically I believe you cannot switch TA's once you are past "60 days from booking creation".

Likely the best situation here is to ask for a management representative from the TA, explain your past loyalty and your displeasure at the unauthorised charge, and indicate that you wish for the situation to be rectified (and perhaps even some "goodwill" might be nice for the hassle and inconvenience).

Then going forward, make a decision on future bookings as to your future TA. Remember also that sometimes these issues are the fault of the TA, sometimes the fault of the cruise line, and while it's important that it's rectified and you are given complete and timely information - I'd still give your TA the opportunity to make it right.

If all else fails, you can always request to move this specific booking to deal with X direct with no TA - irrespective of whether you are within the 60 day window or not.

If your booking was made less than 60 days ago, then yes, there is a mechanism to transfer the booking/change the TA.

Edited by YYC F/A

Have you contacted your credit card company?

One TA placed another's person's cruise on my credit card. A call to the TA didn't work, a call toAmerican Express did. Needless to say, that TA lost my business.

Edited by Orator

Have you contacted your credit card company?

One TA placed another's person's cruise on my credit card. A call to the TA didn't work, a call toAmerican Express did. Needless to say, that TA lost my business.

Charles, yes I wanted to thank you so much for paying for my cruise!! :D

Sounds like an honest mistake wherein they simply billed a year ahead. Easy to do. Let them straighten it out and don't overreact.

If you have otherwise been happy with that TA, I would continue to use them.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

Technically I believe you cannot switch TA's once you are past "60 days from booking creation".

The 60 days only applies to a booking that was originally made directly with Celebrity. If original was with a TA, there is no restriction to move to another TA - just as long as it is before final payment.