restaurant suggestions in Saint John and Halifax

Will be cruising to Saint John NB, and Halifax next year. Since I am from Canada and have been to NB and NS often and seen the sights, (but never to Saint John), also long time since I have visited Halifax; I was planning just to get off the ship, and explore the cities on my own on foot. Would love to enjoy some great east coast seafood, so am looking for some recommendations on good restaurants that are within walking distance from where the ships dock. Thank you for any info.:)

For Halifax: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154976-i327-k6529032-Looking_for_restaurant_suggestions-Halifax_Halifax_Regional_Municipality_Nova_Scotia.html

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154976-i327-k7201866-Favourite_place_to_eat_at_the_Harbourfront-Halifax_Halifax_Regional_Municipality_Nova_Scotia.html

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154976-i327-k7388925-Local_restaurants_halifax_area-Halifax_Halifax_Regional_Municipality_Nova_Scotia.html

The Five Fishermen and Mckelvies specialize in fish. I was at Salty's a few weeks ago. You have to be there just before 11:30 to get a good place on the deck. The seafood chowder was decent and my friends liked their scallops. It is a touristy place but the setting is awesome on a nice day. The Oyster Shack is a great take out right on the waterfront.

Will be cruising to Saint John NB, and Halifax next year. Since I am from Canada and have been to NB and NS often and seen the sights, (but never to Saint John), also long time since I have visited Halifax; I was planning just to get off the ship, and explore the cities on my own on foot. Would love to enjoy some great east coast seafood, so am looking for some recommendations on good restaurants that are within walking distance from where the ships dock. Thank you for any info.:)

Hey, I'm from Saint John, and there are three main seafood themed restaurants uptown. In order of distance from the cruise terminals: Steamers at 110 Water Street, Grannans in Market Square, and Billy's Seafood in the City Market. There's also a takeout type seafood place in the City Market called Lord's.

Honestly though, most restaurants will have a few seafood dishes on the menu.