Packing for September cruise

Casey2

We will be sailing on the Radiance of the Seas on Sept. 17. I am starting to think about packing now. I have read that temperatures are usually around 50-55 degrees in Sept. I am packing layers- short sleeves, long sleeves, sweatshirts a heavy fleece lined jacket and a fleece lined raincoat for shore days. How is the temperature on the ship for the days at sea. Is it warm enough to wear short sleeves or do you need sweaters. For dinner, is it warm enough to wear summer clothes to the dining room (slacks and short sleeves blouses and sandals) or do you need something warmer?

We are spending 2 days pre curise and 1 day post cruise in Vancouver. What is the weather like in Sept. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

It isn't summer wear on the ship and you will be more comfortable with "fall wear", a sweater can come in handy in the dining rooms and shows where you are for extended periords. In ports and Vancouver can be anything but milder then when sailing.

We cruised last year in Sept. Wonderful! The mornings on deck were cool. Days were fine for a jacket. You'll be o.k. if you take a jacket and long sleeve wear. Dressing in layers is the best advice! You'll love it. We are going back again this Sept. Have fun.:)

Casey2, we are on the same ship. I am so glad that you asked this question, as I have been wondering the same thing. My brother-in-law is currently living in Alaska, so I plan to call him a couple of days before leaving to check on the weather and pack those last minute things. Can't wait, it's only 1 more month.

Will I freeze in a skirt and high heeled sandals in the diningroom in September??

Is it my imagination or what...the dining room always seems to be cool whether you're in Alaska, the Caribbean, or even the Panama Canal? I've always carried a sportcoat for informal dining just for that reason.

Depending on where you live, Phoenix or Philadelphia, it's a matter of what you're used to as to whether you'll 'freeze' or not.

Archived