Need advice on getting coupon applied!

I booked our upcoming cruise on the Adventure 10/05 while we were onboard the Navigator in 10/30/04. When we arrived home we received the C&A magazine which had a coupon for a new 7 night & longer cruise booking between 10/1/04 and 1/31/05. I faxed it & all required info to the number provided on the coupon. I was disappointed to find out that when you book a cruise onboard you can't get detailed info about your reservation like final payment date/amount or dinner seating off RCI's website because I like to do my business on the internet and in writing. So, I called RCI C&A customer service a month ago to get some additional info about our reservation and found out that the coupon hadn't yet been applied. The rep was very helpful and confirmed that I had faxed the coupon to the right number and that this particular coupon would apply to my booking and didn't have an answer to why it hadn't been applied. He directed me to fax all the info again as I immediately did. Now it's about 10 days from the final payment deadline and I called RCI C&A again and still the coupon has not been applied. The RCI rep wanted me to pay the full amount due and wait for a refund but the coupon clearly states that it has to be redeemed prior to final payment. Previously I have not had this problem when dealing with a travel agent, my coupons have been applied immediately, so I'm at a loss as to who to call next at RCI...any suggestions?

Guest cruzr44

They should be able to apply the coupon with just the option code on the back of the coupon. I have never had to send anything, just give my TA the code. I would call again, give them the code, have them apply it, and email you an invoice right away with the adjustment on it. Then you can send in final payment. Be nice, but persistent. Ask for a supervisor if you seem to be getting the run around. Good luck!

It's too bad that you didn't have your TA take over the booking you made onboard. Travel agents deal with coupon redemptions online, and the actual coupon is not needed to do so, just the code. The cruise line does reserve the right to request the coupon from the TA and that's why we need it to attach it to the client's file.

Ginnie

Thanks for all your replies...I was persistent & polite in calling RCI C&A customer service and finally got a very helpful senior loyalty consultant, Deborah, who took the time to get immediate approval, deducted it off the total and I made my final payment! Lesson learned...next time I will transfer my onboard booking to a TA!

I took my first cruise 1/05 and in Feb 05 I booked my next cruise. I got a coupon from RCCL for $50 off so I faxed that in and it was applied to my cruise price. Well a few weeks later I got my Crown and Anchor coupons and was told I could use this second coupon as well as the friend and family coupon. Well it was never applied and was told it would be taken off as the cruise got closer. I have paid my cruise off and wonder if I can still get that crown and anchor coupon applied since I have paid my cruise off?? Thanks!!

The c&a magazine came out with a cupon good on the JOS for my sailing after I had made final payment.Gave it to my TA and credit was given back to my cc.Everyone on our meet and mingle for our sailing either sent it to rccl directly or gave it to thier TA and everyone received thier credit.All after final payment.It was a 150.00 cupon so well worth sending in . No problem even though it said had to be redeemed before final payment

Archived