Update Name on Existing Reservation

dolita22

I got married last year and am going through the process of updating my name. It has been legally changed with the Social Security Administration, on my driver's license, and in most all other places, except for on my passport. My current passport is good until 2020, but I don't feel comfortable traveling and having the passport name differ from all other places where it has been legally changed, so I am going through the process of applying for a new passport.

My DH and I have a reservation for a cruise in January 2015, and my maiden name is currently on that. Once I receive the new passport, I plan to call NCL to have them update my name on that reservation. It will be before final payment is due. Will NCL allow me to update my name on an existing reservation? Final payment is not due until early November, but if for some reason the passport processing center is really, really, really delayed and I don't receive the new passport before final payment, can I call NCL ahead of time to have them update the name on the reservation anyway?

I searched the NCL site and couldn't find anything about updating a name on an existing reservation, so thought I would check here. (Sorry for all the background info!)

Thanks much!

Not a problem at all.

You are right to have things MATCH.

If your cruise was in the next month or so, the advice would be to stick with the same name as you passport and only use that name - never anything else.

In your case, you will have your passport in plenty of time.

As long as the one name on the reservation (your husband's) remains the same all along, you should have no trouble changing the other name (certainly your maiden/married name but even to some other name entirely if you could not go, heaven forbid).

You should not wait until the last few days, as things could get dicier then (last minute paperwork, security and such). Of course, somebody posting here this far ahead would never wait that long.

Have a wonderful time

Thank you both, garycarla and Starry Eyes! My husband's name will stay the same on our reservation; it will just be mine that's updated. I will definitely call NCL the day the new passport arrives. Would rather be proactive and get this done now, while there's still time before we leave, rather than stressing about it! Current turnaround time for passport renewals is listed at 4-6 weeks, so I'm thinking all should be well, but thank you for the reassurance!