How far out does NCL assign guarantees?

ldlewis45

Six days to sailing and no cabin assignment. There's so set time when NCL assigns guarantees. What I do know is that I'm guaranteed a place to sleep.:)

Booked on 11/9 for a cruise 11/15 on the Gem. It was a guar. Got our room assignment today.

• 1 month later...

We are 87 days out . . . how will we be notified that a room assignment has been made? Or will we just have to check online frequently on the "vacation summary" tab? We booked on the Dawn for a BX. Kind of nervous about the outcome!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are 87 days out . . . how will we be notified that a room assignment has been made? Or will we just have to check online frequently on the "vacation summary" tab? We booked on the Dawn for a BX. Kind of nervous about the outcome!

I didn't get any notification, I just had to check my vacation summary.

We just got our assignment for our late May POA sailing. Booked air+hotel+cruise package, balcony guarantee, and was assigned a balcony cabin lol. Prices have gone up $1600 from when we booked earlier last year, so no complaints from me. Now we wait on our air info.

• 5 weeks later...

Got the assignment yesterday, 56 days prior to sailing. Above a lounge. Any tricks to getting a change . . . not looking for an upgrade, just a location not potentially noisy?

We just got our assignment for our late May POA sailing. Booked air+hotel+cruise package, balcony guarantee, and was assigned a balcony cabin lol. Prices have gone up $1600 from when we booked earlier last year, so no complaints from me. Now we wait on our air info.

And after I posted this, rates started dropping. And dropping. So we rebooked without the bundle, purchased our flights and got a good deal on pre-cruise hotel. However, our previously assigned balcony is back to being unassigned - now showing as a BX.

Got the assignment yesterday, 56 days prior to sailing. Above a lounge. Any tricks to getting a change . . . not looking for an upgrade, just a location not potentially noisy?

Best bet now is to offer to pay for an upgrade. Usually guarantee's cannot change. Part of the reason for a discount on the price is they put you where they need you. Lounges usually are only loud until 1-2 am and then pretty quiet.

• 2 months later...
We booked a Balcony GAUR for our February 2014 cruise nearly a year out and got our cabin assignment 1 1/2 days prior to boarding! :D

Yikes! I hope this is not the norm. I am less than 3 weeks out and no assignment yet. Not hoping for an upgrade, but just want to know where we'll be.

Yikes! I hope this is not the norm. I am less than 3 weeks out and no assignment yet. Not hoping for an upgrade, but just want to know where we'll be.

It could be any day now, keep checking MyNCL ...

Which ship & itinerary, and is it nearly sold out ? For our BA sailing last month, the smaller circle of CC'ers from the M&G started getting GTY assignments about 5 or 6 weeks out, but some were waiting longer. The Upsell Fairy didn't show up & started offering deals (many were considered too pricey) until 2 weeks prior to sailing, and, then the inventory of staterooms started dancing - be patient, maybe you'll get a nicer upgrade if lucky, or even get an upsell offer - know the current/lastest prices for categories above your initial booking & prepare to counter-offer on the spot.

It could be any day now, keep checking MyNCL ...

Which ship & itinerary, and is it nearly sold out ? For our BA sailing last month, the smaller circle of CC'ers from the M&G started getting GTY assignments about 5 or 6 weeks out, but some were waiting longer. The Upsell Fairy didn't show up & started offering deals (many were considered too pricey) until 2 weeks prior to sailing, and, then the inventory of staterooms started dancing - be patient, maybe you'll get a nicer upgrade if lucky, or even get an upsell offer - know the current/lastest prices for categories above your initial booking & prepare to counter-offer on the spot.

While upgrades/upsells are not available for me, I'm curious how you know if a ship is really close to selling out. My sailing still has a few cabins you can choose (under 20), but GTYs are still available, so I'm not really sure how full the ship is. Prices have gone up slightly on the lower categories, and down slightly on the mini/suites.

I saw that the Jan 23 sailing of the Escape lists ocean view as sold out. I suspect the guarantee category you are in is either close to or already sold out. Has anyone been in a guarantee room that was assigned then randomly changed like musical cabins? I have an IX for Jan 23, 2016 and no room is listed.

On April 17th I booked a BD guarantee on the Pearl for the June 14th Alaska Glacier Bay cruise. Today I was assigned a BA cabin on Deck 10 (only 5 days after booking and 53 days before the cruise). Very happy!!!

Edited by mmh8

• 2 weeks later...
Any recent guarantee assignments? I am still waiting for a cabin assignment for a May 8 sailing.

Final payment was made on Friday, April 24th for our July 11th Jade cruise and Monday, April 27th, we were assigned our outside OK GTY cabin, 74 days out. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to when cabins are assigned.

BTW, no upgrade but very happy with location of assigned cabin.

Bill

We also booked a guarantee (BX for Escape - Dec 2015) and got our room assignment 2 weeks ago!!! :D

I'm actually not sure when we got it, I was not even checking! Someone in our roll call just mentioned that they booked a BX and already got a room assignment. We both got a slight upgrade to BF category on Deck 10.

Our assigned room in towards the front of the ship, but we are happy with it. Happy that we are on Deck 10. Thrilled to get room assignment so early!

So I just booked on Friday a BX guaranty for the Escape in January. I look on my NCL account today, and see I am assigned room 8712. Will this change at all now that it is assigned? The cruise is 348 days away. I am surprised that we are already assigned.

We have just been allocated our cabin for our Jan 2016 cruise. Seems crazy to find out so soon. OX on the escape
Edited by aquarianne11

We booked a Balcony GAUR for our February 2014 cruise nearly a year out and got our cabin assignment 1 1/2 days prior to boarding! :D

Hope i get mine sooner than that, i am on 10th May sailing but am flying to Barcelona on the 8th so won't be able to print the docs after that :eek:

Yesterday I switched our BA mid-ship balcony to an MB mid-ship mini-suite balcony GTY for the Nov 21st Escape cruise. I didn't know they offered an MB GTY...Does this mean the worst I'll get is an MB on deck 12 or 13? Has anyone had an MB GTY on the BA or GA? and if so, what did you end up with? How far out was the cabin assigned?