Seabourn vs Windstar

Pop-I

We are regular Seabourn cruisers, but miss the small boats that are now Windstar. Just wondering if anyone has sailed both lines and, if so, can comment on comparisons/differences between both lines regarding service. Also, I do not like the idea of signing for alcohol, and so how does it work with the beverage package? What wines are included in the beverage package, and what do they run?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there have been similar threads, but it was a while ago and they focused on different things.

We enjoy both lines but have a real soft spot for the Windstar tall ships - they are unique and sailing on them feels like a privilege. While I have no complaints about seabourn service, I do think that Windstar is also ahead of them in that department. It's a personal thing as both are good companies, but in addition, we do enjoy the more relaxed, younger feel that Windstar has. Signing for alcohol has never felt like a problem - and at least you get to choose the quality.

Windstar have smaller ships so bear in mind that the cabins have less space - and there is no after dinner entertainment. However, cabins are very comfortable and there is usually someone playing the piano in the lounge. We will continue to use both companies - it's nice to vary the experience.