HC ever been upgraded

Pjran

Hi

We are booked on an Emerald Princess sailing this October. Just wondered if anyone who has booked a disabled cabin has ever been upgraded?

Yes I realise this could well be very wishful thinking on my part and appreciate the extra space already in these cabin types but I'm allowed to dream aren't I?

Thanks, can hardly wait for your replies.

Pj

Hi

We are booked on an Emerald Princess sailing this October. Just wondered if anyone who has booked a disabled cabin has ever been upgraded?

Yes I realise this could well be very wishful thinking on my part and appreciate the extra space already in these cabin types but I'm allowed to dream aren't I?

Thanks, can hardly wait for your replies.

Pj

If you're badly enough disabled and need a hoisting rail by the toilet, low level hand basin and a bathroom easy to use when you are in a wheelchair; my advise is to have Princess mark your booking "no upgrade". We were upgraded once from Carib balcony to a mini suite on Dolphin deck and had all sorts of problems. So your wishful thinking may backfire. Every blessing.

Edited by Ron the Rev
typo

We have never been upgraded or offered an upsell when we booked accessible cabins. Same goes for when we booked suites. Don't often see price drops on suites.

Suites are usually our second choice when all accessibles are sold.

Yes, our accessible balcony cabin was upgraded to a Caribe deck balcony cabin on one occasion. However, given the fact that there really are a finite number of accessible cabins on a ship and they generally sell out early in the marketing program I would suggest such upgrades are extremely rare.

I can't imagine someone who needed to book an accessible cabin wanting to be upgraded unless, perhaps, you were to be upgraded from an HC inside to an HC outside.

My son must book an HC room. He's a "high functioning" quadriplegic and a disabled veteran. I would be terribly upset to find that there were none available because someone who "wanted the extra room" had booked one when they didn't really need it. People with mild mobility issues do not need an accessible cabin and shouldn't book one.

I can't imagine someone who needed to book an accessible cabin wanting to be upgraded unless, perhaps, you were to be upgraded from an HC inside to an HC outside.

My son must book an HC room. He's a "high functioning" quadriplegic and a disabled veteran. I would be terribly upset to find that there were none available because someone who "wanted the extra room" had booked one when they didn't really need it. People with mild mobility issues do not need an accessible cabin and shouldn't book one.

I thank your son for his service!

Hugh

My wife travels with a Handicap scooter because she has had 5 hip surgeries, 1 knee replacement and wore out her shoulder walking with a cane. Scooters can not be charged in the passageway or stored outside the cabin, therefore we, like others, book as much as a year in advance. On our TA on the Crown we were offered an upgrade from HC inside to HC OV and took it. On our last TA on the Royal we were offered an upsell from Inside HC to Balcony. WE refused because there was not enoigh room for her scooter. If they ever offer an upgrade or upsell to a Suite, we would probably take it. She also needs the raised toilet seat and the grab bars in the bathroom, for security if the ship is doing the rock and roll. Short answer is yes, Princess does offer to upgrade or upsell to Handicaps.

Edited by CharlesOK
spelling error

I would mark your booking "do not upgrade".

My hubby needs a HC cabin and if they ever upgraded us to a regular cabin it would be a HUGE problem.

D :D

On my first cruise, and not being aware of "do not upgrade", my TA emailed me and told me that I'd gotten an upgrade; Whoopee!, then I discovered the upgrade was to a standard cabin. :-(. Fortunately my TA was able to get my original accessible cabin back. From then on I've made sure the no upgrade box was checked.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant an upgrade to another higher grade accessible cabin.

My son would likely refuse an upgrade from an inside HC. He wants the dark when he's sleeping and doesn't want the sun to come in and annoy him in the morning. He tends to stay up late and sleep in late. I can do inside cabins but I really love a balcony.

My son would likely refuse an upgrade from an inside HC. He wants the dark when he's sleeping and doesn't want the sun to come in and annoy him in the morning. He tends to stay up late and sleep in late. I can do inside cabins but I really love a balcony.

So do you get a balcony and your son in an inside, across the hall or right nearby?