Cruise port in Seattle for Alaska cruise

eclue

We leave on Sunday , the 31st on Alaska cruise....is there somewhere in the port to buy water and soda to take on board???

Which port? There isn't much near Pier 91, so if you are sailing out of that one, you will need to stop somewhere on the way.

The water on ships is typically just as good, if not better, than any thing you will buy in wasteful plastic bottles. Consider just bringing a reusable water bottle and refilling it from your tap. :)

Which port? There isn't much near Pier 91, so if you are sailing out of that one, you will need to stop somewhere on the way.

The water on ships is typically just as good, if not better, than any thing you will buy in wasteful plastic bottles. Consider just bringing a reusable water bottle and refilling it from your tap. :)

Absolutely...I always drink the ship water but like to take at least two bottles when we go ashore....like to have a few sodas for my DH.

We leave from Pier 91 so I might just pack a few in my suitcase.

thanks...

The closest store to Pier 91 is “Whole Foods Market” at 2001 15th Ave W. It’s just North of the turn off to go to Pier 91. We bring a couple of bottles of water and just keep refilling them from the ship

If you are driving, and if you can drive to whole foods,save a few dollars(whole foods$$$) just a mile north of that Is a Safeway grocery store. If you are just thinking of a couple bottles, there is a Hot dog stand just out side the port Bldg. We just bhought two six pac of Bottel 16oz coke zero(for me), bottles of vitamin water for my wife and a case of water, the small bottles. The whole beverage cost(non alcoholic drinks) on the boats is such a rip off. It seems the cruise industry just don't want to make a profit but gouge you at the same time

If you are talking about Pier 66, there isn't a real store nearby, although you might find a gift shop within a few blocks where you could buy a couple bottles or cans of pop or water.

Others have answered about Pier 91, which doesn't have much option nearby either. It's easier to stop ahead of time and get something to tuck in with you before you get to the pier.

Thank you for all the answers...

WE are flying into Seattle from Houston and then taking an SUV for the 4 of us.....maybe I can have the driver stop at Safeway.....if not, I will look for that hot dog stand....

eclue:)

We are about to book HAL 5/18/15 RT Seattle cruise to Alaska. We will be driving from Utah and was wondering if there are any motel/hotels that will keep your car if you stay one night? It would be great if they have a shuttle to the pier.:D

Thanks,

We are about to book HAL 5/18/15 RT Seattle cruise to Alaska. We will be driving from Utah and was wondering if there are any motel/hotels that will keep your car if you stay one night? It would be great if they have a shuttle to the pier.:D

Thanks,

Parking is pricey in and around Seattle. Downtown Seattle hotels even charge their own guests $25-$30 a day to park.

Google 'park and stay seatac' to find sites such as this one:

http://www.seattlesouthside.com/packages-and-promotions/category/5-park-stay-and-fly?li=16

The Sleep Inn gets great reviews on the West Coast Departures forum. They used to have a park and stay option, plus they partner with Seattle Express for a shuttle to the pier.

Or consider parking at Smith Cove Parking for $140 a week. MAkes life much easier ... you can stay at a budget place outside Seattle the night before and be on your way post-cruise immediately.

Edited by mapleleaves

Parking is pricey in and around Seattle. Downtown Seattle hotels even charge their own guests $25-$30 a day to park.

http://www.seattlesouthside.com/packages-and-promotions/category/5-park-stay-and-fly?li=16

The Sleep Inn gets great reviews on the West Coast Departures forum. They used to have a park and stay option, plus they partner with Seattle Express for a shuttle to the pier.

Or consider parking at Smith Cove Parking for $140 a week. MAkes life much easier ... you can stay at a budget place outside Seattle the night before and be on your way post-cruise immediately.

Thanks MapleLeaves.

unless you get a deal through your YA/cruise line there(Smith cove) charging 170.00 for the stay(the 7 days). The most popular Is shuttle express,matter of fact its the one we are taking in a couple days on our cruise.