Deck 8 family oceanview on Independence or similar

moesyk4

When they do release them for viewing online, how do you search for them? Do you put in 5 people and they come up, or do you put in 2 or 3 people and then search by specific room?

Thanks!

When/if they are released online (remember they don't always as it depends if they have been booked up or not) I just put in two people (because at that point their is no minimum number required) and search under the catagory "Suite/Deluxe"..and if available they will automatically come up to price out...

When this happened for me it was very late at night here on the west coast and RCI was closed..I just put a 24 hour courtesy hold on it as if it was a new booking and then called RCI the next morning with the booking # and RCI customer service made the change of cabins for me.....very easy to do...

Best of luck and hopefully you'll get the same great deal I did.

Correct only one set of bunkbeds...but in our case it was one lower bed and a pull down pullman above it...the separate curtained off sleeping area in our FOV was narrow and you couldn't fit the pack-n-play in there without removing the bottom bed...and that was the problem for us and what created such an ordeal when we asked for it to be removed to make room for the pack-n-play.

Your are posting about 8500 on Radiance of the Seas which is a standard FOV.

This thread is about 8200/8500 on Freedom/Voyager class which are very unique FOV's. See the videos posted on page 1.

Just to add when I found mine.it wasn't under suite. It was under ocean view I entered 2 adults and 1 child. Also keep trying some days listed some days not think it depends if someone else is viewing it and doing a mock booking

Your are posting about 8500 on Radiance of the Seas which is a standard FOV.

This thread is about 8200/8500 on Freedom/Voyager class which are very unique FOV's. See the videos posted on page 1.

Thanks for calling attention to that fact...but many threads incorporate facts about other classes of ships...Sorry you felt my information which may be helpful to some else wasn't in line with the "exact" class of ship being discussed. Seems like some were wanting my experience with booking the FOV and how that can work sometimes on online.

Thanks for calling attention to that fact...but many threads incorporate facts about other classes of ships...Sorry you felt my information which may be helpful to some else wasn't in line with the "exact" class of ship being discussed. Seems like some were wanting my experience with booking the FOV and how that can work sometimes on online.

No worries.

I just pointed it out because many people would have assumed you were posting about the cabins being discussed.

Just to add when I found mine.it wasn't under suite. It was under ocean view I entered 2 adults and 1 child. Also keep trying some days listed some days not think it depends if someone else is viewing it and doing a mock booking

Sounds like a good idea to check both catagories then...as you can never tell what RCI IT is going to do :)

No worries.

I just pointed it out because many people would have assumed you were posting about the cabins being discussed.

Thank you. I was indeed thinking it was FOS/IOS. Any other ship & unfortunately, it's apples to oranges.:(

Thank you. I was indeed thinking it was FOS/IOS. Any other ship & unfortunately, it's apples to oranges.:(

Sorry you were confused..as I specifically noted in my original post that I was referring to the ROS Radiance...regardless...my point was to never "assume" a pack-n-play will fit in the additional sleeping area..as this can and will vary by ship.. I was just offering the recent experience we encountered..in assuming it would.

A pack-n-play in the bunkbed room...it's possible it won't fit in that area with the extra bed...We found this much to our surprise to be the case on ROS this past May in FOV (#8500)...It was a "huge" ordeal to have the bed removed..and it took many phone calls, a visit from the deck supervisor, and finally a visit from the Executive Housekeeper...not something they wanted to do at "all" but we persevered and were accommodated.

The bunk bed room in 8200 for Freedom class ships is twice as big as the one in 8500 and has no window. A pack n play should fit no problem.

The FOV rooms will rarely if ever come up online to even do a mock booking. Typically you must have at least 5 people to book them and it requires 2 reservations. I have 8500 booked on FOS in Feb. for 6 of us. You have to call a TA or RC directly.

The FOV rooms will rarely if ever come up online to even do a mock booking. Typically you must have at least 5 people to book them and it requires 2 reservations. I have 8500 booked on FOS in Feb. for 6 of us. You have to call a TA or RC directly.

Sorry...but yes they do (and it actually isn't that rare) if they haven't been booked at a certain point in time...and yes you can do a mock booking if they are...also at that point in time the min number of 5 won't apply.

Sorry...but yes they do (and it actually isn't that rare) if they haven't been booked at a certain point in time...and yes you can do a mock booking if they are...also at that point in time the min number of 5 won't apply.

It may become more rare however if this 3rd/4th/5th/6th "free" pricing strategy continues.

This is the kind of room families probably book as soon as a cruise is released. But having said that, we have friends who have booked one of these rooms during non-school times shortly before embarkation.

Yes they do had it twice now and I actually had 2 different rooms getting 9500 to start with.a.mock booking then calling rci to change my cabin. Then saw 8200 appear on a mock booking for 3 then called to switch to it

Yes they do had it twice now and I actually had 2 different rooms getting 9500 to start with.a.mock booking then calling rci to change my cabin. Then saw 8200 appear on a mock booking for 3 then called to switch to it

Was it before or after final payment?

We just booked almost 8 months out and got 8200, and 8500 was also available. I was shocked because we are sailing during school vacation. I did the happy dance when I first found out about these 2 rooms and then almost did a few cartwheels when I found out they were actually not booked yet!