Entertainment Independence of the seas from Southampton

First time with RCI and wondered which type of entertainment acts (tribute bands etc) would be likely to be on board. Also do RCI have sailaway parties like P and O. Thanks.

There will be two or three production shows with singers and dancers. There will also be a selection of headliners, such as comedians, singers (possibly tribute acts), magician, juggler, etc. They will have an Ice Show, Love & Marriage, and the Quest too.

We have travelled on the Independence a number of times and there is plenty of entertainment. There are the Ice Shows; the on board entertainment shows like the Once Upon a Time production; visiting comedians and there will usually be a couple of tribute acts, one at the beginning and one towards the end of your cruise. There are also a couple of parades on the main Promenade which are always fun. We have seen some of them more than once as they are good and there is a real variety. With regards to sailaway, they do try and do one on the top deck, weather dependant we have found. The only time I was disappointed was our first one which went out on the 4th July and I really thought there would be a big USA celebration but they didn't. Maybe they thought that as it was sailing out of Southampton it wouldn't be appreciated. That's just my opinion though! I'm sure you will find more than enough entertainment to keep to busy and amused and if you are travelling with a family of children then you will be advised as to whether it is appropriate or not. Enjoy! (sorry if I've waffled on....this is my first post!!):)

Thankyou for the info:cool:

You have a couple of months before your cruise, which should be enough time to get entertainment info from Royal. You can try sending an email to [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse] and request the entertainment lineup for your cruise.