Price Drop and Port Fees question

mweiss1998

If port charges and pre-paid gratuities changed since booking, wouldn't they have gone up regardless of submitting a price drop request?

I booked in March for an August 2015 cruise before the increased prepaid gratuities were announced. I assumed my price would have been altered to reflect that regardless due to the fact I'm sailing after the implementation date.

If port charges go up, isn't that adjusted at the time of sailing also?

I just got a $390 price drop but only saved $200 because of the fees but I figure I would have been hit with that anyway. Is that correct?

When you book, you lock in the port fees in case they go up. If they go down when the cruise leaves, you will get an OBC for this, usually under $20. But you will not be charged for a higher port fees if they go up after you book. The reason you were hit with the higher port fees is because basically a "price drop" is a rebooking.

From what I understand the people who prepaid their gratuities before the increase have them locked in. Even if their cruise is after the day the new rates go into effect. They will not be hit with higher tips on the cruise. The only way they will pay the higher amount is if they change their booking, such as price matching for ES, upgrading to a new cabin, etc.

Sharon

I booked in May for April 2015 cruise. Just submitted a price drop. Got a credit for the difference. Yes fees went up a few buck, but the prepaid gratuities stayed at the original booking price. That was my situation ofcourse all others could be different

You do get port fee credit and no increase. This July cruise on the Splendor supposed to go to Canada, went to Bermuda because of a hurricane. We got a $7 per person OBC for Canada, Bermuda is $14 per cabin according to their website.

It is almost impossible to figure out what a cruise line charges under Tax if you ask me.

FWIW

I just requested a price drop on Monday and both my port fees and prepaid gratuities went up. I booked back in March and I am not paid in full. We cruise in Feb 2015. I only reaped $25 of a $70 price drop. So, yes they can adjust your port fees and prepaid gratuities.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app