World Cruises 2016

davecttr

Well done. Enjoy your cruises 😀👍

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I do :D

Notice there appear to be no ports of call in India on the World Cruises just Sri Lanka. Are the Indians making getting Visas too difficult and folk are therefore avoiding cruises that include India ?

To be honest, on last years WC it was a pain in the bum for one stop in Mumbai. The photos are not a standard passport size, but square. It was expensive at £48 and you have to use an agent, you can't do it direct with the Indian High Commission. And it takes up a whole page of the passport. I actually went to the agent and dropped off the forms, it took a fair chunk of the afternoon. Much as I love India, I'd be happy to miss out a single stop there and save all the hassle and bureaucratic rigmarole so beloved of the Indians.

Thanks. I do :D

To be honest, on last years WC it was a pain in the bum for one stop in Mumbai. The photos are not a standard passport size, but square. It was expensive at £48 and you have to use an agent, you can't do it direct with the Indian High Commission. And it takes up a whole page of the passport. I actually went to the agent and dropped off the forms, it took a fair chunk of the afternoon. Much as I love India, I'd be happy to miss out a single stop there and save all the hassle and bureaucratic rigmarole so beloved of the Indians.

I agree it was a lot of time and trouble filling out the information for an Indian visa for just one port. Even if you didn't want to get off the ship you still had to apply for a visa, it's ridiculous.

the cruises including fly cruises are now on the P&O site. The prices all default to £999,999 though :confused:

They do say the cruises go on sale on the 10th. This is confusing me as my TA said that they can get prices and book tomorrow on the 9th:confused:

they will ring me tomorrow morning.

no mention of land tours on the site either. i was thinking about the 4 night tour at hong kong.

the cruises including fly cruises are now on the P&O site. The prices all default to £999,999 though :confused:

They do say the cruises go on sale on the 10th. This is confusing me as my TA said that they can get prices and book tomorrow on the 9th:confused:

they will ring me tomorrow morning.

no mention of land tours on the site either. i was thinking about the 4 night tour at hong kong.

Caribbean members and above can book from 0830 tomorrow. Everyone else on the 10th.

Caribbean members and above can book from 0830 tomorrow. Everyone else on the 10th.

I am not caribbean so the TA has been telling porkies :(

Knowing my luck anything I am interested in will be sold out by Wednesday :mad:

We have our invitation to book from 5.00pm on the 9th ahead of the general public on the 10th, we are bottom tier and in Australia... so I 'm thinking your travel agent may just be telling the truth....

no, they just rang me, mediteranean tier is not good enough for today. I will have to wait until tomorrow :( I would have thought just getting an approximate price would reasonable but not so.

no, they just rang me, mediteranean tier is not good enough for today. I will have to wait until tomorrow :( I would have thought just getting an approximate price would reasonable but not so.

Sorry to hear that ... not very nice that they could even let you know pricing grrrrrr ... good luck tomorrow

Sorry to hear that ... not very nice that they could even let you know pricing grrrrrr ... good luck tomorrow

I think it's because of fluid pricing. If a cruise has sold well today, it will open at a higher price tomorrow. I saw a cruise last week selling for £475 at 9am and £499 by lunchtime.

Thanks for that PRINCESS THE BEST... ;) as mentioned we are bottom tier got the invite to book early.....but..... couldn't book online and couldn't find a travel agency here with the info :eek::rolleyes::D:D:D guess we will just have to wait.......... what a laugh....

Just checked online. There is cabin availability and the price is OK. The TA are going to phone me this morning. I will surprise them, they open at 9.30 and i will be outside the door ;)

a whopping 75% single supplement though :(

That's great news... Congrats.

As a matter of interest which cruise was it?

It was not in the brochure but on the web site

Aurora RDI

Sydney to Singapore - 28 nights

fly from London

evening & full day in Sydney

Brisbane

Airlie Beach-Barrier Reef

Darwin

Cebu

Okinawa

Shangai

Keelung

2 full days Hong Kong

Na Trang

Phu My

Singapore

fly from Singapore

It was not in the brochure but on the web site

Aurora RDI

Sydney to Singapore - 28 nights

fly from London

evening & full day in Sydney

Brisbane

Airlie Beach-Barrier Reef

Darwin

Cebu

Okinawa

Shangai

Keelung

2 full days Hong Kong

Na Trang

Phu My

Singapore

fly from Singapore

Fabulous, you will enjoy that. We did the blue mountains tour, Great Barrier Reef pontoon trip. Darwin is a great place to pick up Aboriginal art and the Hong Kong laser light show is spectacular. There is certainly a lot of exciting ports. Well done and enjoy.

Booked it, cabin i wanted and everything :D

Better start saving :o

Great news.... we are still pricing up, had to hunt to find someone willing to share the obviously secret prices here in Australia:rolleyes: just emailed PO UK reps here for pricing fingers crossed we get it before the ship sails...:eek::D:D