Just Booked! Best Things about Carnival?

GeorgetteCruz

I'm so excited! Sailing on Miracle in Feb. with Hubby. Looking forward to a great vacation. Have sailed Princess & NCL before. What are the best things about Carnival / Miracle to look forward to?

For instance, on Princess the afternoon cookies & milk offered poolside was fun & yummy. Loved their cold soups, MUTS.

Can't wait!

Not been on the Miracle, but some of the great things about Carnival as a whole:

Great, friendly service. Some of the best people I have ever met!

Good to very good food served in a comfortable, enjoyable dining venue

Wonderfully comfortable beds and pillows.

Excellent value for your vacation dollar

No cookies & milk by the pool, but they do have afternoon English Tea on sea days - serving little sandwiches and yummy sweets.

Lots of other little stuff that make me happy, but here's a sampling. I'm sure others will have more for you! Enjoy your cruise.

I have not been on the Miracle, but in general on Carnival I love the Tea Time on sea days. Usually they have some soft music being played and a large assortment of teas and desserts. Lots of men as well as women, so bring the hubby!

We cruised Princess 1 time , Carnival 8 , The people will be the biggest difference you will notice , Carnival cruisers are more lad back ,easy going , than the people you meet on Princess , I do like the soda's and more card on Princess , But the food overall is better on Carnival , and yes you can wear shorts to the MDR unlike Princess . Carnival' s shows in the main theater do run a little longer than shows on Princess , and Carnival does not roll up the rugs and shut down around 11 PM like Princess

We cruised Princess 1 time , Carnival 8 , The people will be the biggest difference you will notice , Carnival cruisers are more lad back ,easy going , than the people you meet on Princess , I do like the soda's and more card on Princess , But the food overall is better on Carnival , and yes you can wear shorts to the MDR unlike Princess . Carnival' s shows in the main theater do run a little longer than shows on Princess , and Carnival does not roll up the rugs and shut down around 11 PM like Princess

I loved Princess, and it was lovely to be in an Elegant world, but its true there wasn't much for fun & nightlife. I would definitely cruise them again though. We are looking forward to a livelier atmosphere, but love to dress up, so will do so for dinner.

I love buffets, so this one sounds great.

I especially love high tea...I didn't realize Carnival has it too! yeah!

I heard there's ice-cream 24 hrs.

What's up with John Herald? Performer? CD?

Yep ... 24/7 ice cream and frozen yogurt! Plus room service is 24/7 too. :). If you're a cookie fan, the ones they sell in the coffee shop (about $1) are delish, I get one pretty much every day. Also free cookies in the buffet.

Be sure to check out at least one comedy show at night too - they generally fill up fast so try to get there a little early to find a seat.

Have fun! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I look at it this way, if you love cruising and like to go a lot, Carnival is a much better value, and like others have said it is way more laid back. Food on Carnival is better than Princess, way more choices both in and out of the MDR, I was shocked by this when we took our first Princess cruise this summer, but it was true.

I cruised on the Carnival Splendor in January, my third Carnival cruise. I'm vegetarian and every meal in the main dining room was delicious. The dinner choices generally were terrific, our table's waiter was fabulous and I thoroughly enjoyed the dining room staff's entertainment. Although it rained every day of our cruise, my 18 year old daughter, her friend and I had a most enjoyable cruise. The cabin was, a good size, my bed was comfy but my daughter complained about hers and her friend was on a twin cot type bed. The pizza and veggie burgers on the Lido deck were great as was the ice cream and yogurt. Also, the buffet food stations were terrific. Fun night life too.

My Carnival hit list:

Warm chocolate melting cake

Black and White pudding

Grand Marnier soufflé

Comedy clubs

Chefs Table

Steak House

Mongolian wok

Service is the best in the industry (31 plus cruises including Princess and NCL many times)

Enjoy!

My Carnival hit list:

Warm chocolate melting cake

Black and White pudding

Grand Marnier soufflé

Comedy clubs

Chefs Table

Steak House

Mongolian wok

Service is the best in the industry (31 plus cruises including Princess and NCL many times)

Enjoy!

I don't recall seeing the black and white pudding but it sounds good. Can you tell me more about it, or is it just self explanatory:)

Warm melting chocolate cake with 2 ice creams

Pizza!!!

24 hour ice cream station

Sushi time

We're on the Miracle for her Christmas sailing. This will complete our Spirit class ship collection. Love the ship's layout - so easy to navigate.

You're going to have a great time. After all, you're on a cruise!

Carnival's ships have a nice indoor promenade. It has huge picture windows and seating along side. Must seat 'at least 200'. On Princess it is hard to find a window seat to peer out into the ocean. They seem 'to have 20' seats available.

I don't recall seeing the black and white pudding but it sounds good. Can you tell me more about it, or is it just self explanatory:)

PP is probably referring to Bitter & Blanc - a bread pudding that is a combination of white and dark chocolate with a cream sauce drizzled on top. Yummy.:)

I can't say about the ship because we sailed on the Valor last year and that was my first CCL cruise but as a fellow NCL cruiser I think you will find the lines comparable. We really like our CCL cabin (Aft wrap). It was about the size of an NCL penthouse and the balcony was huge. I loved the warm chocolate melting cake and the bitter and blanc which are two CCL specialties. We also though the steakhouse on CCL was superior to NCL and RCI and it still ranks as one of my top restaurant meals.

We like it so much we booked another for 2016.