Things that I will never do or have!

This is a list of things that I have said over the last 20 years.

" Is Steve Jobs nuts who would ever buy this iPod thing. You have to buy songs from Apple and store them on that iPod thing. No thanks I will keep my Walkman!"

" I don't need cable TV I have an antenna! Why pay for cable I get 15 stations for free"

" No way will I ever have one of those CAR PHONES"

" Why pay $9.95 for AOL when I can get NetZero for free"

" You won't ever see me texting on my new FLIP PHONE"

" I can't believe the cable company wants to charge me $19.95 for High Speed Internet. I'm happy paying $9.95 for my AOL Dial-Up"

" Why I earth would I want one of those iPads, I have a 19 inch monitor on my computer"

" No way am I paying the cable co. For a DVR! I have a VCR what do I need a DVR for"

" Job's is at it again. Why would anyone want an iPhone to look at the internet. I don't need a key pad on the screen for my texts, I just use the numbers"

" You will never catch me on one of those Cruise Ships! No Way!"

" I don't need a balcony cabin we are not in there that much"

" I will never try that My Time Dinning it don't appeal to me"

Yes these are some things that have come out of my mouth! In 2001 my wife talked me into going on a cruise for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We have been hooked on cruising ever since.

I guess I have finally stopped saying never! In November we will be on our 7th cruise and hope to sail many more times. This will be our 6th cruise with a balcony and 3rd cruise using MTD which I found out I liked. I was actually excited to hear that after Drydock The Oasis would have Dynamic Dinning. Now I hear it won't start until March of 2015. Oh well guess I will have to book another cruise. lol

My point of this is we all say things that we feel at that time. Things change and so does our thinking. I am not going to flame anyone for saying they hate Dynamic Dining or any of the new changes because right now that is how they feel. Who knows maybe some may try it and even like it.

Companies, even more than people need to change or they will be left behind,

ps. I wrote this from my iPad.:eek:

Change is good. However, when the changes related to a vacation that has traditionally

been stress free cause me to research and plan my vacation, tne appeal of a cruise falls short.,very short.

I can take. a land based vacation and stress about everything .

That was one of the many appealing things about cruising. Effortless.

" Is Steve Jobs nuts who would ever buy this iPod thing. You have to buy songs from Apple and store them on that iPod thing. No thanks I will keep my Walkman!"

" I don't need cable TV I have an antenna! Why pay for cable I get 15 stations for free"

" I can't believe the cable company wants to charge me $19.95 for High Speed Internet. I'm happy paying $9.95 for my AOL Dial-Up"

" Why I earth would I want one of those iPads, I have a 19 inch monitor on my computer"

" No way am I paying the cable co. For a DVR! I have a VCR what do I need a DVR for"

" Job's is at it again. Why would anyone want an iPhone to look at the internet. I don't need a key pad on the screen for my texts, I just use the numbers"

Yes these are some things that have come out of my mouth! In 2001 my wife talked me into going on a cruise for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We have been hooked on cruising ever since.

I guess I have finally stopped saying never! In November we will be on our 7th cruise and hope to sail many more times. This will be our 6th cruise with a balcony and 3rd cruise using MTD which I found out I liked. I was actually excited to hear that after Drydock The Oasis would have Dynamic Dinning. Now I hear it won't start until March of 2015. Oh well guess I will have to book another cruise. lol

My point of this is we all say things that we feel at that time. Things change and so does our thinking. I am not going to flame anyone for saying they hate Dynamic Dining or any of the new changes because right now that is how they feel. Who knows maybe some may try it and even like it.

Thank you so much, this is the way many of us look at change. I think options and change are great things to experience. ;)

where is the LIKE icon when you need one? ;)

LOL, yup, and the quickest way to get old in a hurry is to not even try to embrace the change and just wish for the old days again. At some point I suppose I'll reach my crotchety endpoint. The point where I refuse to do something new because I just can't figure it out or don't "trust" it will work. My dad decided online bill pay was his no go. Most of my elderly relatives won't and can't text. I have an aunt who won't even get a computer- she has to call me to book flights now:rolleyes: Everyone reaches their limit and then gets left behind...I'm not going down without a fight...now if I can just figure out how this darn Pintrest works! ;)

Edited by Familygoboston

LOL, yup, and the quickest way to get old in a hurry is to not even try to embrace the change and just wish for the old days again. At some point I suppose I'll reach my crotchety endpoint. The point where I refuse to do something new because I just can't figure it out or don't "trust" it will work. My dad decided online bill pay was his no go. Most of my elderly relatives won't and can't text. I have an aunt who won't even get a computer- she has to call me to book flights now:rolleyes: Everyone reaches their limit and then gets left behind...I'm not going down without a fight...now if I can just figure out how this darn Pintrest works! ;)

I'm trying to figure out how to Tweet properly! I think I will give up soon!;)

I couldn't have said it better myself. I try to keep up with the ever changing technology and keep learning. I too will not go down without a fight.:D

As for the new innovations being rolled out, I will keep an open mind and form an opinion after I try it out.

Edited by finallyonboard

I don't say "never" any more.:D Here are a few of my famous cruise nevers that have resulted in me eating my words...

"I'll never cruise on one of those floating malls!" -- Said before I cruised on the Voyager, Explorer, Mariner, and Navigator.:o

"Why would anybody want to do MTD?" -- When I tried it for myself I loved it!:o

"A ship with over 5,000 people? Ridiculous! You'll never catch me on the Oasis!" -- Check my signature.:o

NEVER say NEVER!!

Although I do occasionally have a hard time adapting to changes, I have never understood why some people are SO against it.

I highly doubt that most company executives sit in their offices thinking "Let's do something that only WE like, that will make ALL of our customers mad, so that we have no more repeat business!"

Besides, history shows us that if a company does make a change and sees it is a disaster, they always seem to adjust fire pretty quickly and say something like "you talked, we listened"...and in the end, the outcome is generally what works the best for everyone.

Just go with it. You won't die of change.

Edited by life_dizzy

Change is good. However, when the changes related to a vacation that has traditionally

been stress free cause me to research and plan my vacation, tne appeal of a cruise falls short.,very short.

I can take. a land based vacation and stress about everything .

That was one of the many appealing things about cruising. Effortless.

I agree.

If I was just starting out cruising I guess everything would be fine as I would have nothing to compare it to. New cruisers have nothing to compare to so they can easily go-with-the-flow. We are an in-our-early 40's couple that have been cruising for over 20 years.

I am more of the necessity person. If I don't find it necessary, I pass. I don't have a lot of the "new" gadgets because I find them actually adding to my stress rather than taking it away. Totally drives my I.T. professional husband bonkers. I like my life to be as less complicated as possible!!:-)

The idea of making reservations for dining and shows on a cruise does not sound appealing to me. Yes, we make reservations at home for a special occasion but that is not very often.

Having to decide prior to cruising the times and schedules of dining and shows is way to much work for a cruise vacation. I really don't know what we will be doing on the ship once we get on. My purpose is to relax!!! We work hard everyday.

I say this only because we have had it both ways. I enjoy Carnival because we walk right into the dining room when we want and are seated. Princess is very good at this also. NCL rocks. Sorry, I can't say the same for Celebrity :-o. They are all about the reservations too.

Royal used to be our favorite line. It saddens me that I don't hear of anything new that appeals to me..... but I will be waiting :-)

So happy we have many choices in cruise lines!!!!

Just remember the following:

If the technology existed prior to your age 15, it is just the way things are.

If the technology came into being when you were 15-35 it is new, exciting and you can probably make a career out of it

If the technology comes into existence after you are 35-40 .... That is NOT the way we do things.....

Change can be easy or hard - it is just attitude and an avoidance of drawing lines in anything other than sand...

-Holly

who started in mainframes in 1968 and thought dumb terminals were a fantastic improvement. And who now has lots of iToys......