Can I take a power strip onboard the Epic?

cruise_family

As per the title. Thanks. :)

Power strips, power boards, whatever you call them, are acceptable on NCL, as long as they are in good condition. You can save yourself some money and possible inconvenience (possible confiscation) by getting one that IS NOT a surge suppressor. This is the main reason these are confiscated. Long explanation, I've posted many times, but surge suppressors are not needed onboard, and cause problems with the ship's electrical system. The type with the on/off switch (which is really a circuit breaker) are preferred. Being from the UK, you will need an adapter since your power strip will most likely have the three large flat pins that are UK standard. The 220v outlets on the ship are the 2 round pin European standard, and the 110v outlets are US 3-prong (two flat pins, and one round).

If it's for charging devices and such that use USB, I'd suggest getting a multi port hub. You can charge several devices using one power outlet, as opposed to having everything plugged into separate power outlets, saving a bunch of space. We use this:

$14.99USD at Amazon

usb_zps388787e7.jpg

I have one of these and we took it with us to Mexico recently - absolutely brilliant as we then did not need all the phone, tablet and camera chargers and all the associated adaptor plugs either. I even went as far as buying the USA 'figure 8' power lead for it so it plugged straight in. Highly recommended.

I have one of these and we took it with us to Mexico recently - absolutely brilliant as we then did not need all the phone, tablet and camera chargers and all the associated adaptor plugs either. I even went as far as buying the USA 'figure 8' power lead for it so it plugged straight in. Highly recommended.

Yep. On our cruise this plugged into one of the 2 outlets, and the other one was open and available for anything else we might need. We didn't have to bring a power strip.