Boston - Best way from pier to Freedom Trail?

Coral

What is the best way to get from the pier to the Freedom Trail in Boston?

It sounds like the National Park Service leads tours every 30 minutes. I am assuming advance registration is not needed....

Any additional info would be great.

Thank you!

Now be careful because there are two "visitor centers" -- the National Park Service has one at 15 State Street at the corner of Washington Street, which is near the OLD State House. They form groups of 30 and lead free tours first come first served from their visitor center at 15 State Street.

Go to http://www.nps.gov and type in Freedom Trail and/or Boston for their information.

Now, the other visitor center is the one run by the Boston Visitors and Convention Bureau, which is located at 147 Tremont Street at the corner of Park Street, and that one is close to the NEW State House -- the one with the big Golden Dome. The Freedom Trail Foundation runs walking tours from that center, $12 per adult, 90 minutes long, costumed guide, at 11, 12 and 1. See http://www.thefreedomtrail.org for their information. They also have nice pictures of the 16 sights along the Trail.

Either way I would take a cab from the pier, unless you are good walkers.

Check with your cruise line to see if they have shuttle buses from the Black Falcon pier to the Quincy market-Fanueil Hall area (all three of our Canada-NE cruises have had shuttles). Both information centers are within an easy walk of the dropoff from the shuttles.

Check with your cruise line to see if they have shuttle buses from the Black Falcon pier to the Quincy market-Fanueil Hall area (all three of our Canada-NE cruises have had shuttles). Both information centers are within an easy walk of the dropoff from the shuttles.

Thank you everyone.

Do you know in the past have they had shuttles? I will be with my mom who is visually impaired and with a Service Dog. A shuttle would be great.

Archived