Haven't been on NCL in years

Baseball fan

Hi - As a frequent traveler (land tours and cruises), it has been a few years since I was on NCL Sun. My last cruises were the RCCL Splendour of the Seas and Celebrity Equinox. I like both lines for various reasons. One thing that kept me from NCL is their smoking policy. With the recent announcement of the changes to their policy, I am looking into sailing with them again.

I am looking at a Transatlantic next year. But I have a few questions:

What is the food like on NCL? Compared to RCCL and Celebrity?

How much is coffee (ie lattes)? I know they don't have a card and it isn't part of any drink package.

They only serve Pepsi products and I am not a fan. Can I bring soda on board?

What types of activities can I expect on the sea days (and there are many of them)?

Thanks in advance

Dena

Hi - As a frequent traveler (land tours and cruises), it has been a few years since I was on NCL Sun. My last cruises were the RCCL Splendour of the Seas and Celebrity Equinox. I like both lines for various reasons. One thing that kept me from NCL is their smoking policy. With the recent announcement of the changes to their policy, I am looking into sailing with them again.

I am looking at a Transatlantic next year. But I have a few questions:

What is the food like on NCL? Compared to RCCL and Celebrity?

How much is coffee (ie lattes)? I know they don't have a card and it isn't part of any drink package.

They only serve Pepsi products and I am not a fan. Can I bring soda on board?

What types of activities can I expect on the sea days (and there are many of them)?

Thanks in advance

Dena

The food is worse than RCCL and Celebrity.

Latte is about $3.

You can bring as much soda as you want. Carry it or pack it in your luggage. No limit.

Most activities are either extra cost to you or very cheap for NCL to provide. Think karaoke, atrium putting contest and the like. Nothing much with any substance. Gone are the days of interesting lectures, cooking classes etc.

The activities all depend on the cruise director. On my transatlantic a couple of years ago, there were many trivia contests, even a progressive trivia where teams stayed the same and the wins were cumulative. That was a lot of fun. We had craft classes and dance classes and there were movies shown in Dazzles.

I love sea days, so a transatlantic cruise is my kind of thing!

The activities all depend on the cruise director. On my transatlantic a couple of years ago, there were many trivia contests, even a progressive trivia where teams stayed the same and the wins were cumulative. That was a lot of fun. We had craft classes and dance classes and there were movies shown in Dazzles.

I love sea days, so a transatlantic cruise is my kind of thing!

Thanks for the information. I loved the TA on Celebrity last year but am willing to try another line. I too love the sea days but they sure went by quickly😢.

Sent from my iPad using Forums