Getting the OBC I wasn't supposed to!?!?

lazyart

So I booked a surprise birthday cruise for my wife exactly 30 days ago and paid in full. A few days later the price of balcony dropped to just $20 over the balcony guarantee I'd had, so I picked my stateroom and that was that.

Today I noticed the prices had dropped. So I called and was going to upgrade to a Cloud 9 for just $80 more. When the rep answered I told him "Hey, I just noticed the prices dropped... any way I can take advantage?"

He took the price difference and put it on as OBC.

Umm, ok. You win. With two sea days and stops in three ports I guess there wouldn't be much spa time anyway.

But with 39 days out and not an ES booking, I don't know that I was really entitled to it. But it never hurts to try!

So I booked a surprise birthday cruise for my wife exactly 30 days ago and paid in full. A few days later the price of balcony dropped to just $20 over the balcony guarantee I'd had, so I picked my stateroom and that was that.

Today I noticed the prices had dropped. So I called and was going to upgrade to a Cloud 9 for just $80 more. When the rep answered I told him "Hey, I just noticed the prices dropped... any way I can take advantage?"

He took the price difference and put it on as OBC.

Umm, ok. You win. With two sea days and stops in three ports I guess there wouldn't be much spa time anyway.

But with 39 days out and not an ES booking, I don't know that I was really entitled to it. But it never hurts to try!

You have not mentioned the date of your cruise, just that you puchased the cruise 30 days ago. If you have not reached the payment due date (even tho' you've pd. in full), you would be entitled to the price drop. I know 7 & 8 days cruises have a due date of something like 75 days before cruise. If it's a shorter cruise, I think the due date is more like 60 days before cruise.

congrats... you may want to have that person be your PVP... Were you past final payment date also? If not and you had a fully-refundable cruise, then that would be why you could get the deal.

He did mutter something about it not yet being 30 days out, so I guess that was a reference to final payment. But I'm not fully refundable-- there is a $500 penalty today if I cancel.

Looking back at it, he might've gotten the math incorrect. Maybe I should call again...

You have not mentioned the date of your cruise, just that you puchased the cruise 30 days ago. If you have not reached the payment due date (even tho' you've pd. in full), you would be entitled to the price drop. I know 7 & 8 days cruises have a due date of something like 75 days before cruise. If it's a shorter cruise, I think the due date is more like 60 days before cruise.

Cruise date is October 5th (see my sig).