Back from the 22Aug Majesty three nighter.

reedl

I took a quick cruise on the Majesty that left the 22nd of August. Here are some thoughts:

1. I will not be seeing that many women in thong bikinis in the next four years. (oh well)

2. We were on deck 9 starboard in 9078. I was worried about the "obstructed view" designation of the cabin, but the only obstruction was looking downward. You could still see the ocean, and the horizon, and everything above you. So it was not really obstructed.

3. Room service breakfast is very limited. It does not have eggs, bacon, and other hot foods. This is because of the shorter cruise length.

4. Our Steward (Nigel) was great. In fact two Pinnacle level people I met on the ship usually stay in that area, and made the trip to say hi to him.

5. The room was quite large compared to the standard Majesty room. It reminded me of standard cruise line cabins instead of the tiny ones on the rest of the ship.

6. The bathroom has a shower curtain.

7. We did not eat a full meal in the windjammer at all. OTOH we snacked a little there.

8. MDR breakfast was actually good. Dinner was even better. The second night's tenderloin was actually very good. We had no bad meals, and actually enjoyed the food.

9. This Johnny Rockets uses fresh hamburger! The Allure and Liberty uses frozen burgers. That made a big difference! We ate there one day for lunch and enjoyed it a lot. Just make sure to get the 20% off coupon they give out the first day.

10. The ship may be older, but looks excellent. It is being kept up nicely.

11. The in room TV was much too small.

12. Pretty much every one on the ship was very friendly, and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Even though english was not the first language for many people, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I met a lot of interesting people who had never cruised before.

...Any questions, please ask!

Edited by reedl

Glad you enjoyed her. I just did a recent 3 day, too, and really like Majesty. Were the Pinnacle members that stayed in that area the ..ummm.. "very well dressed" couple? I know two weekends ago they said they were basically going to be on for several more sailings...

Those SO cabins are great. If traveling solo, I could handle the tiny ones for 3 days, but I don't know how you do those with 2 people :)

We were also on this sailing and really enjoyed the Majesty. The food in MDR was very good as was the service. Had an obstructed view cabin and enjoyed the extra space. The crew was one of the friendliest we've met in a long time. Can't wait to sail on her again.

Welcome back. I was on Majesty the weekend before you. I've been on Majesty several times and always go back because I find the service and friendliness of staff to be the best in the fleet.

Hey there Cruiseboy, did you ever get a chance to post the pics of the Cruise Compass from your recent Majesty trip?

If you did I cant seem to find them:(

Thanks

• 1 year later...
I took a quick cruise on the Majesty that left the 22nd of August. Here are some thoughts:

1. I will not be seeing that many women in thong bikinis in the next four years. (oh well)

2. We were on deck 9 starboard in 9078. I was worried about the "obstructed view" designation of the cabin, but the only obstruction was looking downward. You could still see the ocean, and the horizon, and everything above you. So it was not really obstructed.

3. Room service breakfast is very limited. It does not have eggs, bacon, and other hot foods. This is because of the shorter cruise length.

4. Our Steward (Nigel) was great. In fact two Pinnacle level people I met on the ship usually stay in that area, and made the trip to say hi to him.

5. The room was quite large compared to the standard Majesty room. It reminded me of standard cruise line cabins instead of the tiny ones on the rest of the ship.

6. The bathroom has a shower curtain.

7. We did not eat a full meal in the windjammer at all. OTOH we snacked a little there.

8. MDR breakfast was actually good. Dinner was even better. The second night's tenderloin was actually very good. We had no bad meals, and actually enjoyed the food.

9. This Johnny Rockets uses fresh hamburger! The Allure and Liberty uses frozen burgers. That made a big difference! We ate there one day for lunch and enjoyed it a lot. Just make sure to get the 20% off coupon they give out the first day.

10. The ship may be older, but looks excellent. It is being kept up nicely.

11. The in room TV was much too small.

12. Pretty much every one on the ship was very friendly, and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Even though english was not the first language for many people, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I met a lot of interesting people who had never cruised before.

...Any questions, please ask!

We are considering booking this cabin. Do you have a photo of the view out your window that you could post? Or my profile has our e-mail if you prefer to e-mail to us. We would so appreciate it!!!