Sofa bed, superior delux cabins

catperson02

This is the second time I have tried to post this, lets hope it works this time!

I am considering upgrading from a balcony cabin to a superior delux. My 16 year old daughter will be sleeping on the sofabed. Could anybody comment on how comfortable they are. She is not totally convinced despite me pointing out that it has got to be better than being hit by falling pillows from her sister in the bunk above and hitting her head when she gets up. Putting her sister in the sofa bed is not an option as she is a sleepwalker so sleeping just in front of the balcony doors is not the best idea.

I am unsure whether to spend on this, although more space with 2 teenage girls is always a good thing!

Edited by catperson02
spelling mistake

This is the second time I have tried to post this, lets hope it works this time!

I am considering upgrading from a balcony cabin to a superior delux. My 16 year old daughter will be sleeping on the sofabed. Could anybody comment on how comfortable they are. She is not totally convinced despite me pointing out that it has got to be better than being hit by falling pillows from her sister in the bunk above and hitting her head when she gets up. Putting her sister in the sofa bed is not an option as she is a sleepwalker so sleeping just in front of the balcony doors is not the best idea.

I am unsure whether to spend on this, although more space with 2 teenage girls is always a good thing!

We have stayed in superior delux cabins on both Azura and Ventura, having stayed in standard cabins previously. Our daughter (same age as yours) found the sofa bed to be extremely comfortable and enjoyed a very good nights sleep on it. We had one duff sofa bed in a cabin previously, but asked for it to be changed as it was uncomfortable as the frame was twisted.

The sofa beds are quite uncomfortable as seats however, and completely block access to the balcony when unfolded.

We found the extra space of a Superior Deluxe cabin to be invaluable as our daughters got older. Standard cabins aren't practical when they become teenagers as there is insufficient space and a lack of privacy.

Whilst we would have no hesitation recommending Superior Deluxe cabins, you should be aware that there is no privacy curtain between the adult bed and sofa bed (a design flaw in my opinion) and the balcony, even on a Superior Deluxe cabin, is tiny with only two chairs.

What one person finds comfortable, another may not. I have found sofa beds to be bad at both jobs of being a sofa and a bed!

Don't worry about sleepwalking as once the sofabed is out you can't use the balcony, the bed blocks the sliding door.

We had one of these cabins on Oriana for my husband, myself and daughter then 9, who slept on the sofa bed and found it comfortable. There was a privacy curtain separating the queen bed from the sofa bed and the sofa bed did block access to the balcony though I managed to squeeze around it to take my morning coffee out there every day!

The cabin steward deals with setting it up; when you come back from breakfast it's a sofa and when you return from dinner it's a bed. He even put her teddies out each night!

We had one of these cabins on Oriana for my husband, myself and daughter then 9, who slept on the sofa bed and found it comfortable. There was a privacy curtain separating the queen bed from the sofa bed and the sofa bed did block access to the balcony though I managed to squeeze around it to take my morning coffee out there every day!

The cabin steward deals with setting it up; when you come back from breakfast it's a sofa and when you return from dinner it's a bed. He even put her teddies out each night!

Oriana doesn't have Superior Deluxe cabins. This grade of cabin, which I believe are only on the newest ships (and are much larger than the standard balcony cabins and are more akin to mini-suites on the older ships), most definitely do NOT have privacy curtains.