Bad News

cuthbert732

Quit your job because you can't go on a cruise? You're out of your mind.

You must be out of your mind because you read something I never stated nor inferred. I never said QUIT his job. I said LOOk for a new job. Please work on your reading comprehension.

The CNBC article I quoted is available online. Read it and you will understand that one of the metrics of an improving economy is that people that are long time employed with same position in a company are now sticking their toes into the job market, because conditions are improving. Frankly, employers are now losing their good people for other companies because of the lack of respect employees have experienced over the last 5 years, and the reluctance of employers advancing their long term employees. The OP's situation is a good example of an employer that is stuck into the last 5 years.

I think it was more of a look for another job where the employer would have more respect for vacation plans (and me) that were made, paid for, and time was obviously available. To be told 'if you go then no job' would lead me to start looking also. I would not quit until I found another one though. ;)

Thank you for reading my words (they have a specific meaning) and comprehending my point.

Clearly OP is a key person who is needed, they didn't share all the facts as to why or how it came about, but really you think the solution to the disappointment of missing a trip that can be rescheduled is reason to quit your job. No wonder its so hard to find good workers in America.

I think must people said look for a new job. I work for a company that is one of the 30 companies that make up the Dow Jones. If you are a professional or business person you understand what that means.

I have a hard time finding good qualified employees for my open positions. So, now we are going after employees that are frustrated with their current employers, including government employees. One of the things we discuss in the interview is that we respect their personal time and earned time off, and place employees in a tract to advance them in a defined way. It is amazing how positive people react to those two things. I think that is how we are landing such good people. It has been written in many employment studies that the number one reason people leave an employer is not money, but their treatment and respect from their manager.

Did you have private travel insurance with a cancel for any reason rider? If so, then expect to get 75% to 80% back.

Allianz has a "required to work" rider available on their policies but you have to buy it pretty soon after paying the trip deposit. My DS always took it with his previous employer because all vacation permissions were tentative and could be rescinded right up to the vacation date, if the employee was needed. Thankfully, with his new job it is not an issue and they respect his time outside of office hours.

I think must people said look for a new job. I work for a company that is one of the 30 companies that make up the Dow Jones. If you are a professional or business person you understand what that means.

I have a hard time finding good qualified employees for my open positions. So, now we are going after employees that are frustrated with their current employers, including government employees. One of the things we discuss in the interview is that we respect their personal time and earned time off, and place employees in a tract to advance them in a defined way. It is amazing how positive people react to those two things. I think that is how we are landing such good people. It has been written in many employment studies that the number one reason people leave an employer is not money, but their treatment and respect from their manager.

I left my job ahead of the time I had planned due to management and their delegation of time off requests. It was perfectly ridiculous in the type of work I was in. And that further complicated things causing call ins for "sickness".

Thanks everyone for the advice and I don't have to relocate just work in the new facility for 2 months.I will call my Pvp to see what can be done about it all vacation days have been suspended because of the immigration reform going with the kids.I know sometimes these things happen but the human in me is still p.o. The job market in my neck of the woods are slim and I'm not as young as use to be so not quitting my job over a cruise.

Definitely talk to your PVP and let him/her know what happened. I am a TA that books a lot of Carnival cruises and I can attest that Carnival does make exceptions to their policy of no refunds after a certain date. While they probably won't refund your money, it is possible they will either give you the full amount as credit towards a future cruise, or allow you to transfer your reservation to another cruise within a set period of time. Be polite and explain the situation to the PVP. If he/she can't do anything, ask to have the problem escalated to Guest Services. You could also write directly to icare@carnival.com.

Good luck!! Let us know how this turns out.

Definitely talk to your PVP and let him/her know what happened. I am a TA that books a lot of Carnival cruises and I can attest that Carnival does make exceptions to their policy of no refunds after a certain date. While they probably won't refund your money, it is possible they will either give you the full amount as credit towards a future cruise, or allow you to transfer your reservation to another cruise within a set period of time. Be polite and explain the situation to the PVP. If he/she can't do anything, ask to have the problem escalated to Guest Services. You could also write directly to icare@carnival.com.

Good luck!! Let us know how this turns out.

Thanks for the advice this really broke it down for me.