Currently onboard RCCL - Onboard booking for Celebrity cruise

Iamthesea

PROBLEM: Made an onboard booking for a Celebrity Cruise while on the Oasis of the Seas today. Although I was able to pick the Free Beverage Package for the - what the Loyal Future Cruise rep, Ronald called the 1-2-3 Promo, he would not give me any onboard credit for the Celebrity cruise that I booked. :(. I tried arguing, and finally told him that I would take it up with the Captain's Club when I returned back home in 2 days. What was the purpose of me booking onboard. Had I only wanted the Beverage package, I could have booked it before I left for this cruise. :mad:

I may not be able to check back for any thoughts or suggestions until tomorrow. Getting ready for dinner. ;)

They have switched to OBC now, rather than OBC on the cruise you booked. Info is located at http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/#cruisenow

Did he offer you OBC for the current cruise on the Royal ship?

Ya the Future Cruises Program has changed.

And pretty sure I read at the time it was announced that the Cruise Now OBC Offer only applied when the booking cruise matched the current cruise line (ie on Celebrity book Celebrity... Not on RC and book Celebrity). Otherwise it is just a straight deposit paid.

If I find that info, I'll post the link

Cheers!

We just came off of the Explorer of the Seas on 8/23/14. While on board we booked a Celebrity cruise for next june and we got 250 OBC on that crusie plus the you pick 3 option. Since niether of us drinks we chose the prepaid gratuities. They had no problem helping me book a Celebrity cruise.

We just booked through our TA for a X cruise to Hawaii, we received the classic beverage package, prepaid gratuties and a $150 obc. Guess it does not pay to book onboard anymore :o

Maybe your TA can work it out for you when you get home, unless you keep the booking with Celebrity.

Bev

An Open Booking does not get you what a Book Now does.

Cruise is in March...why do you ask?

They have switched to OBC now, rather than OBC on the cruise you booked. Info is located at http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/#cruisenow

Did he offer you OBC for the current cruise on the Royal ship?

The latest (since the information that you linked to) is that it has changed again and the OBC can be applied to your current cruise or the future cruise.

We just booked through our TA for a X cruise to Hawaii, we received the classic beverage package, prepaid gratuties and a $150 obc. Guess it does not pay to book onboard anymore :o

Maybe your TA can work it out for you when you get home, unless you keep the booking with Celebrity.

Bev

I book directly through the Captains Club. ;). I will call them first thing on Tuesday morning. We are leaving this ship tomorrow.

No results yet. We are trying to get off the ship, now. I will be calling the Captan's Club tomorrow.:(

Cruise was less than below stellar. What a fiasco RCCL made out of this cruise. Y'all would not believe what all went on! But that's another thread subject and I'm sure there will be many other passengers making threads about this cruise on the RCCL board. :rolleyes: